Re: windows mail could not be started- MSOE.DLL could not be initi

Gary, Sorry I took so long getting back. It's weird, but when I insert the
flash drive that I recently used to copy my documents & contacts, I am able
to access my windows mail. When I remove my flash drive & start windows, I
get the error messages.

"Gary VanderMolen [MVP]" wrote:

You didn't address my recommendation regarding WMUtil.

The fact that the problem only started after copying to a flash drive
may well be coincidental. I don't see a relationship.

Norton security products are among the top three troublemakers for
Windows Mail. First, be sure to disable its email scanning, for the
reason explained here:

Disabling Norton's email scanning is sometimes insufficient. If so,
do a trial uninstall, followed by using their debris removal tool:
http://service1.symantec.com/Support/tsgeninfo.nsf/docid/2005033108162039

Instead of uninstalling your antivirus, another option is to upgrade to
Windows Live Mail, which is more resistant to the adverse effects of overly
intrusive antivirus products: http://download.live.com/wlmail

"Steve" <Steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:9B4C3D9D-6840-492E-9412-22116D55C321@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Gary, I have Norton Internet Security, but I didn't have any problems with
Windows Mail until I copied 3 user's documents & contacts from to my flash
drive. The other two user's Windows Mail are still ok. Also, yes I
installed Vista's SP1 and SP2 updates some time ago.

"Gary VanderMolen [MVP]" wrote:

Which antivirus are you running? Some of them cause problems with
Windows Mail over time.

Make sure you have installed Vista's SP1 and SP2 updates.
If the problem continues, try running the various repair functions in
the WMUtil program: http://www.oehelp.com/WMUtil

"Steve" <Steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:B4DAD246-1586-4787-9EF3-26666B24DEBB@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Whoops! The above error code was (0x8000FFFF). I've had this computer & its
installed programs for over a year now and this problem only developed today-
immediately following my backup file copying. I downloaded only documents &
contacts for each of the users on my computer-- I was the only unlucky user
who received the error code messages.

"Steve" wrote:

I downloaded, for backup purposes, all user documents into seperate user
folders onto my 4 GB flashdrive. I am now unable to open windows mail, but
the two other users are not having any trouble with windows mail. I have the
windows vista operating system.