Re: windows mail could not be started- MSOE.DLL could not be initi

Gary, Sorry I took so long getting back. It's weird, but when I insert the
flash drive that I recently used to copy my documents & contacts, I am able
to access my windows mail. When I remove my flash drive & start windows, I
get the error messages.

"Gary VanderMolen [MVP]" wrote:

You didn't address my recommendation regarding WMUtil.

The fact that the problem only started after copying to a flash drive
may well be coincidental. I don't see a relationship.

Norton security products are among the top three troublemakers for
Windows Mail. First, be sure to disable its email scanning, for the
reason explained here:

Disabling Norton's email scanning is sometimes insufficient. If so,
do a trial uninstall, followed by using their debris removal tool:
http://service1.symantec.com/Support/tsgeninfo.nsf/docid/2005033108162039

Instead of uninstalling your antivirus, another option is to upgrade to
Windows Live Mail, which is more resistant to the adverse effects of overly
intrusive antivirus products: http://download.live.com/wlmail

"Steve" <Steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:9B4C3D9D-6840-492E-9412-22116D55C321@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Gary, I have Norton Internet Security, but I didn't have any problems with
Windows Mail until I copied 3 user's documents & contacts from to my flash
drive. The other two user's Windows Mail are still ok. Also, yes I
installed Vista's SP1 and SP2 updates some time ago.

"Gary VanderMolen [MVP]" wrote:

Which antivirus are you running? Some of them cause problems with
Windows Mail over time.

Make sure you have installed Vista's SP1 and SP2 updates.
If the problem continues, try running the various repair functions in
the WMUtil program: http://www.oehelp.com/WMUtil

"Steve" <Steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:B4DAD246-1586-4787-9EF3-26666B24DEBB@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Whoops! The above error code was (0x8000FFFF). I've had this computer & its
installed programs for over a year now and this problem only developed today-
immediately following my backup file copying. I downloaded only documents &
contacts for each of the users on my computer-- I was the only unlucky user
who received the error code messages.

"Steve" wrote:

I downloaded, for backup purposes, all user documents into seperate user
folders onto my 4 GB flashdrive. I am now unable to open windows mail, but
the two other users are not having any trouble with windows mail. I have the
windows vista operating system.

  • Re: I cannot open or save any attachment using Windows Mail
    ... Microsoft MVP Program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com ... I've run out of ideas on how to fix your Windows Mail. ... Simply install Windows Live Mail and it will ask if you ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: cant use Windows Mail - whats going on?
    ... I then opened my Windows Mail as usual and tons and tons of e-mails came ... Are you able to try a different yahoo.co.uk account to see if it gives the ... Microsoft MVP program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com ...
    ... I logged-out of my user account and logged-in to another user account. ... Microsoft MVP program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com ... If I went to windows mail in one of the two other user accounts (they both ...
    ... command to fix this folder? ... Microsoft MVP program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com ... If I went to windows mail in one of the two other user accounts (they both ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: cant use Windows Mail - whats going on?
    ... Microsoft MVP program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com ... I then opened my Windows Mail as usual and tons and tons of e-mails came ... Are you able to try a different yahoo.co.uk account to see if it gives the ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)