Re: windows mail could not be started- MSOE.DLL could not be initi

Thank you, Steve. I can't help except I think the fact that "MSOE.DLL could not be initialized" is an important clue. That is probably enough information for one of the experts to help.

"Steve" <Steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:E25D6421-24A7-4263-8A36-68FCB8EE9DAE@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Thanks for your suggestion that I should provide the complete message they
were as follows: From WinMail.exe- “Windows Mail could not be started. The
application was unable to initialize the Windows Contacts. Your computer may
be out of memory or your disk is full. (0x08000FFFF)”; and Windows Mail-
“Windows Mail could not be started because MSOE.DLL could not be initialized.”

"Sam Hobbs" wrote:

If you are sincerely asking for help, then you need to provide more than
just the error code. Copy the complete error message into the clipboard and
paste in a reply. There is critical information in the error message that
the experts need; it is unlikely they can help just from the error code

"Steve" <Steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> Whoops! The above error code was (0x8000FFFF). I've had this computer > &
> its
> installed programs for over a year now and this problem only developed
> today-
> immediately following my backup file copying. I downloaded only > documents
> &
> contacts for each of the users on my computer-- I was the only unlucky
> user
> who received the error code messages.
> "Steve" wrote:
>> I downloaded, for backup purposes, all user documents into seperate >> user
>> folders onto my 4 GB flashdrive. I am now unable to open windows >> mail,
>> but
>> the two other users are not having any trouble with windows mail. I >> have
>> the
>> windows vista operating system.

Relevant Pages

    ... 940 printer error code 50c help ... certificate errors internet explorer help ... computer help error message on startup ... help for microsoft windows errors ...
  • Re: Error code 39 in device manager for DVD drive
    ... You receive an "error code 39" error message. ... Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. ...
  • Re: Problem with Product Activation
    ... Dell Computer ... "Error Code: 0x80004005" error message when you install Windows XP ...
  • RE: Updates since SP3 on XP
    ... You may receive error code 0x80004005 or other error codes when you try to ... start a Windows XP-based computer ... Error message when you try to install Microsoft Update on a Windows ...
  • Explorer.exe -Application error : The application failed to initia
    ... I am getting this error message on my windows XP pro PC. ... The application failed to initialize ...