Re: windows mail could not be started- MSOE.DLL could not be initi

Thank you, Steve. I can't help except I think the fact that "MSOE.DLL could not be initialized" is an important clue. That is probably enough information for one of the experts to help.

"Steve" <Steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:E25D6421-24A7-4263-8A36-68FCB8EE9DAE@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Thanks for your suggestion that I should provide the complete message they
were as follows: From WinMail.exe- “Windows Mail could not be started. The
application was unable to initialize the Windows Contacts. Your computer may
be out of memory or your disk is full. (0x08000FFFF)”; and Windows Mail-
“Windows Mail could not be started because MSOE.DLL could not be initialized.”

"Sam Hobbs" wrote:

If you are sincerely asking for help, then you need to provide more than
just the error code. Copy the complete error message into the clipboard and
paste in a reply. There is critical information in the error message that
the experts need; it is unlikely they can help just from the error code
0x8000FFFF.

> Whoops! The above error code was (0x8000FFFF). I've had this computer > &
> its
> installed programs for over a year now and this problem only developed
> today-
> immediately following my backup file copying. I downloaded only > documents
> &
> contacts for each of the users on my computer-- I was the only unlucky
> user
> who received the error code messages.
>
> "Steve" wrote:
>
>> I downloaded, for backup purposes, all user documents into seperate >> user
>> folders onto my 4 GB flashdrive. I am now unable to open windows >> mail,
>> but
>> the two other users are not having any trouble with windows mail. I >> have
>> the
>> windows vista operating system.

  • HELP ERROR
    ... 940 printer error code 50c help ... certificate errors internet explorer help ... computer help error message on startup ... help for microsoft windows errors ...
    (sci.geo.fluids)
  • Re: Error code 39 in device manager for DVD drive
    ... You receive an "error code 39" error message. ... Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Problem with Product Activation
    ... Dell Computer ... "Error Code: 0x80004005" error message when you install Windows XP ...
  • RE: Updates since SP3 on XP
    ... You may receive error code 0x80004005 or other error codes when you try to ... start a Windows XP-based computer ... Error message when you try to install Microsoft Update on a Windows ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Explorer.exe -Application error : The application failed to initia
    ... I am getting this error message on my windows XP pro PC. ... The application failed to initialize ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)