Re: windows mail could not be started- MSOE.DLL could not be initi

Gary, I have Norton Internet Security, but I didn't have any problems with
Windows Mail until I copied 3 user's documents & contacts from to my flash
drive. The other two user's Windows Mail are still ok. Also, yes I
installed Vista's SP1 and SP2 updates some time ago.

"Gary VanderMolen [MVP]" wrote:

Which antivirus are you running? Some of them cause problems with
Windows Mail over time.

Make sure you have installed Vista's SP1 and SP2 updates.
If the problem continues, try running the various repair functions in
the WMUtil program: http://www.oehelp.com/WMUtil

"Steve" <Steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:B4DAD246-1586-4787-9EF3-26666B24DEBB@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Whoops! The above error code was (0x8000FFFF). I've had this computer & its
installed programs for over a year now and this problem only developed today-
immediately following my backup file copying. I downloaded only documents &
contacts for each of the users on my computer-- I was the only unlucky user
who received the error code messages.

"Steve" wrote:

I downloaded, for backup purposes, all user documents into seperate user
folders onto my 4 GB flashdrive. I am now unable to open windows mail, but
the two other users are not having any trouble with windows mail. I have the
windows vista operating system.

  • Re: 2nd attachment file wont open
    ... Vista's only service pack is SP1. ... Norton will not admit that their antivirus causes problems for Windows Mail, ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: windows mail could not be started- MSOE.DLL could not be initializ
    ... Windows Mail over time. ... Make sure you have installed Vista's SP1 and SP2 updates. ... Microsoft MVP program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: cant open some attachments like ppg ect.
    ... Vista Home Premium 32 SP1 ... in a folder but not in an attachment. ... Failure of a document to open inside Windows ... Mail as opposed to failure to open outside of Windows Mail is two ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: unable to open attachments
    ... Vista Home Premium 32 SP1 ... create an association in the set association control panel. ... Unable to open .DOC attachments directly from Windows Mail in Windows Vista: ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: Lost contact with server
    ... causing an incompatibility that did not exist before. ... that does not mean you should uninstall SP1. ... There are no reported incompatibilities between SP1 and Windows Mail. ... Aihe 'Fw: VL: UAS syyskokous 10.11.2008', Tili: 'mail.netsonic.fi', ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)