Re: Addresses in Windows Mail

You're very welcome. Thanks for reporting back.

"Wrinkly" <Wrinkly@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:867EED29-89CB-45E8-9AD8-327FE1657B14@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Thank you Gary. I'm trying WLM instead for my Yahoo address. Previously I
have found I preferred the older WM.

Regards.

"Gary VanderMolen [MVP]" wrote:

That special list of contacts is known as the auto-complete feature.
Windows Mail does not auto-complete from your regular contacts.
It uses a separate list of the last 29 recipients you've sent mail to.

You can delete the entire auto-complete list as follows:
http://www.winhelponline.com/articles/245/1/How-to-clear-the-email-auto-complete-entries-in-Windows-Mail.html

Or try this other utility to selectively remove some unwanted addresses:
http://www.winhelponline.com/articles/264/1/Utility-to-clear-recently-used-email-addresses-in-Windows-Mail.html

The newer replacement mail program, Windows Live Mail, uses the
standard contacts list for auto-completion.
You are encouraged to upgrade to the newer WLM program:

http://download.live.com/wlmail

"Wrinkly" <Wrinkly@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:96295B4F-A927-420A-BD06-CA5B9058B9F7@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
When I click on 'to' in Windows Mail the list of names offered does not match
the carefully compliled list in my Contacts folder. The 'to' list includes
names I want to remove but cannot see the way to do it and if possible make
the two lists the same.

Some help from out here please?

Thank you