Re: Windows mailstopped receiving messages

You can change the server name by going to Tools, Accounts,
select the account, Properties, Servers.
I see you posted with a Yahoo email address. Is that your only email
address? US-based free Yahoo accounts have webmail access only, no
POP access. Windows Mail handles POP mail but not Yahoo webmail.
Yahoo's solution is to pay them for premium "Mail Plus" service:
http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/mail/original/mailplus/overview/index.html
and use the special settings for that service:
http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/mail/original/mailplus/pop/pop-14.html

If you are OK with using a non-Yahoo email address, you have these other
solutions that will work with Windows Mail:
* Use the email address assigned to you by your ISP.
* Use a free Gmail, AOL, or Hotmail/Live account.

You can also continue to use Yahoo's webmail: http://mail.yahoo.com
If you need more help with any of these solutions, just ask.

"asetechrn" <asetechrn@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:67A17577-95A8-4BC7-884C-3200D31EE953@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
how do i go to in/out server to change so i can use win.mail to send from a
post

"hgmiranda" <guest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

I have been using Windows Mail without trouble for over a year; now all
of a sudden today it is not receiving messages. I get no error
messages, it checks all accounts and tells me I haev no new messages yet
when I loginto my ISP email accounts (3 associated with my website, 1
Comcast, 1 SBC) on the web I have plenty of messages... what do I do to
repair this?

--
hgmiranda

.