Re: Logon to Windows Mail

Hi mac thanks for your prompt response, my mail provider is orange and my ISP
is bt. I finally got to the bottom of the problem although I must of spaent
at least an hour on the phone to both companies, luckily they were free phone
numbers!!!

Basically orange had suspended my account for no apparent reason, although I
suspect it was because I haven't logged on through the orange home page for
months, I always use Windows Mail.

Is Live Mail any different to Windows Mail and if I create an account with
the same email address as the standard mail will I still retain all of my
folders and emails?

Thanks

"mac" wrote:

"joelpeyton" <joelpeyton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Hi, I've been using windows mail for ages, but now I have just been asked
for
a Username and Password.

I have no idea what these maybe!!!!!!

Does any one know what format the username may come in as I've tried all
the
ones I generally use.

Thanks in advance

Hi Joel, the username is generally your full email address, or the part
beyond the @, depending on your mail provider.
The password is the one that you chose when setting up the account.

It is possible to reset your password at the website of your mail provider,
but you will have to answer some security questions, which you also chose
when setting up the account.

Who is your mail provider or ISP if the same?

--
Regards Steve.
MS-MVP. MAIL. [DTS] UK.

  • Re: Plusnet fail to supply MAC key, 10 days - ID: 20385249
    ... "I would like a MAC Key please, so that I can change ISP, as soon as ... and I got the MAC the following afternoon. ... MAC as they were to busy taking money out of my account but it would ... server not working either & have now found that someone is forging my ...
    (uk.telecom.broadband)
  • Re: sending problem from mydomain (and some solutions)
    ... my .mac account works for sending and receiving. ... using the .mac smpt does not work, ... both my isp and .mac want to stop spam relaying via their smpts. ...
    (microsoft.public.mac.office.entourage)
  • Re: Why do I have to use a router?
    ... > If you set up your account as a home network your ISP only knows the MAC ... With that removed your account is invalid. ... the cable modem for a minute then turn it back on. ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.networking)
  • Re: How long does a MAC code take?
    ... Most reputable ISP issue the MAC within minutes and the request lapses after a month if the recipient doesn't use it to change supplier. ... You also have inform another department at the ISP that you want to close the account - otherwise you may find that they are still taking money months afterwards. ...
    (uk.telecom.broadband)
  • Re: Switching ISPs - MAC method or just cancel old ISP
    ... cancel my account and just go to another ISP (as my existing account is ... With a MAC, the break is almost unnoticeable in many cases (apart from ...
    (uk.telecom.broadband)