Re: incoming emails

Sounds like your message store database is corrupted.
Try a manual run of the message store compaction. Go to Tools, Options,
Advanced, Maintenance, and change the "100" runs to 1. Close Windows Mail,
which will then prompt you to allow a compaction; do so, and let it complete.
When you reopen Windows Live Mail, be sure to change that setting back to
100 runs.

"John Kelly" <guest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:ca2b83d1922f5beeeea295fb33446ee3@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I also have a problem with some of my incoming messages. They do not
show on the email. there is a sign which says 'Message cannot be found'.
I do not know how to fix it.

  • Re: new compacting messages message!
    ... that compaction prompt will appear after every 100 closings. ... Tools, Options, Advanced, Maintenance. ... When you delete a message, the message store still contains data about it, ... as I seldom shutdown the mail program. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: new compacting messages message!
    ... Maintenance isn't a tab, it's listed near the bottom of the page on the Advanced tab. ... When you delete a message, the message store still contains data about it, ... > tI have recently started getting "WINDOWS MAIL CAN COMPACT THE MESSAGE ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: Where are OEs settings stored?
    ... You /are/ asking about the OE message store and not MS Outlook? ... Tools | Options | Maintenance | Store Folder will reveal the location of your Outlook Express files. ...
  • Re: delete recovered message folder
    ... Can you help me with the process recommend, - I can get to:Maintenance", ... Select the Recovered Message folders and delete them, ... This will open Windows Explorer to your message store, ... Try using this utility to repair and compact the mail store, ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: Saved email messages
    ... To add to what Dave said, do not move the message store to an external ... device or network storage. ... It must reside on an internal hard drive. ... Microsoft MVP Program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)