Re: I cannot send or receive email in windows, error message ox800

"joe" <joe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:5775DB60-C656-4A8E-A07F-64077937B3F0@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
The connection to the server has failed.

Subject 'g'
Server: ''
Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC0E
Protocol: SMTP
Port: 25
Secure(SSL): No
Socket Error: 10013

any help

You need to change the Port in use to 587 from 25.

Go to Tools Menu>accounts>select your account>properties button>advanced tab, make the change>apply>OK.

Also see:

For complete settings, it describes Outlook Express but Windows Mail is the same.

Regards Steve.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: here is a copy of the error message i am getting, FYI i get it also on mapi
    ... Server Error: 0x80072EE7 ... Windows Live Mail Error ID: ... Since many anti-virus programs install an add-on into Outlook, ...
  • cant send email - connection to server failed
    ... The connection to the server has failed. ... Windows Live Mail Error ID: ... Socket Error: 10061 ...
  • Re: cant send emails with window live!!!!
    ... and re-done the outgoing account information, ... correct mail server name from your email service provider. ... future Windows Live Mail questions should ... Windows Live Mail Error ID: ...
  • Re: Windows mail and sky - About to throw pC out the window!
    ... Unable to send or receive messages for the account. ... Server Error: 0x800CCC90 ... Windows Live Mail Error ID: ...
  • Re: Window Mail Stopped working
    ... You need to enter the correct server name. ... Is something blocking port 110 on my desktop?? ... I recommend you upgrade to Windows Live Mail: ... Account: '', Server: '', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure: No, Socket Error: 10061, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E ...