Re: error-email:the host ***could not be found

"daveathome" <daveathome@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:466B570C-E63F-4236-9BF1-56081280350D@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
the host 'POP'could not be found.please verify that you have entered the
server name correctly. account 'work' server 'pop3' Protocol POP3, port110,
secure (SSL) No, socket error;1101, error number 0x800cccod

You are no where near to setting up an email account.

Tell us the part of the email address beyond the @, that you are wanting to set up.

--
Regards Steve.
MS-MVP. MAIL. [DTS] UK.

  • Re: [ad] Anyone for Broadband? - Wytches.net is up and running!
    ... >> I like it..Not too many teething troubles, though the server did ... The Email Account User Name and Email Account ... and activate my account without adding the required details. ...
    (uk.religion.pagan)
  • Re: Suddenly getting error and cant send email!
    ... While you may be able to Receive messages sent to your name@xxxxxxxxxxxx account in OE, you cannot Send messages from that account. ... 'Happy Valentines Day Baby!, Account: 'Lois Lane', Server: ... If you're connect to the internet via BrightHouse, ... messages using your BrightHouse email account. ...
  • Re: Error message
    ... Your email account provider has that information. ... Please verify that you have entered the server name correctly. ... Subject 'Testing', Account: 'POP3', Server: 'SMTP', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure: No, Socket Error: 11001, Error Number: 0x800CCC0D ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: Blocking spam
    ... > Antonin Koudelka wrote: ... I get emails to my Antonin's account which are addressed to ... >> lada@xxxxxxxxxxxx and others who used to have an email account on the ... There are not in the active directory in the new server which I ...
    (microsoft.public.exchange.admin)
  • Re: Can Receive e-mail, but cannot Send
    ... > I have recently set up the same email account on two computers. ... Server Response: '550 relaying mail to yahoo.com is not ... > Bellsouth knows this and said it sould still work. ...