Re: error-email:the host ***could not be found

"daveathome" <daveathome@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:466B570C-E63F-4236-9BF1-56081280350D@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
the host 'POP'could not be found.please verify that you have entered the
server name correctly. account 'work' server 'pop3' Protocol POP3, port110,
secure (SSL) No, socket error;1101, error number 0x800cccod

You are no where near to setting up an email account.

Tell us the part of the email address beyond the @, that you are wanting to set up.

Regards Steve.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: [ad] Anyone for Broadband? - is up and running!
    ... >> I like it..Not too many teething troubles, though the server did ... The Email Account User Name and Email Account ... and activate my account without adding the required details. ...
  • Re: Suddenly getting error and cant send email!
    ... While you may be able to Receive messages sent to your name@xxxxxxxxxxxx account in OE, you cannot Send messages from that account. ... 'Happy Valentines Day Baby!, Account: 'Lois Lane', Server: ... If you're connect to the internet via BrightHouse, ... messages using your BrightHouse email account. ...
  • Re: Error message
    ... Your email account provider has that information. ... Please verify that you have entered the server name correctly. ... Subject 'Testing', Account: 'POP3', Server: 'SMTP', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure: No, Socket Error: 11001, Error Number: 0x800CCC0D ...
  • Re: Blocking spam
    ... > Antonin Koudelka wrote: ... I get emails to my Antonin's account which are addressed to ... >> lada@xxxxxxxxxxxx and others who used to have an email account on the ... There are not in the active directory in the new server which I ...
  • Re: Can Receive e-mail, but cannot Send
    ... > I have recently set up the same email account on two computers. ... Server Response: '550 relaying mail to is not ... > Bellsouth knows this and said it sould still work. ...