Re: can't send email as of today. Been fine for years

Please do NOT reply to yourself. Reply to the person you are citing.

Did you do this as I previously mentioned?

Note that for some AV programs, it may be necessary to uninstall the
program and reinstall in Custom Mode and uncheck e-mail scanning when the
option arises.

I didn't think so.

1: Remove Norton via Add/Remove Programs.

2: Download and run the Norton Removal Tool:

3: Reinstall Norton. Do a Custom Installation and opt out of e-mail scanning when it is offered.

4: Better yet, leave Norton and all its shortcomings off your machine and use MSE (freeware) instead for more compatibility with Windows.

Microsoft Security Essentials:
Bruce Hagen
MS-MVP [Mail]
Imperial Beach, CA

"TJ" <user@xxxxxxxxxxxx/> wrote in message news:eCYRfHT0KHA.3584@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
RE Can't Send Email: I use Norton. The problem started about a month ago in a pop Windows live account I hae and today on the Windows mail account.

RE: am getting this message. Can someone please help me!!!

The connection to the server has failed. Subject 'test', Account: '', Server: '', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10013, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E