Re: can't send email as of today. Been fine for years

Please do NOT reply to yourself. Reply to the person you are citing.

Did you do this as I previously mentioned?

Note that for some AV programs, it may be necessary to uninstall the
program and reinstall in Custom Mode and uncheck e-mail scanning when the
option arises.

I didn't think so.

1: Remove Norton via Add/Remove Programs.

2: Download and run the Norton Removal Tool:
http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/tsgeninfo.nsf/docid/2005033108162039

3: Reinstall Norton. Do a Custom Installation and opt out of e-mail scanning when it is offered.

4: Better yet, leave Norton and all its shortcomings off your machine and use MSE (freeware) instead for more compatibility with Windows.

Microsoft Security Essentials:
http://www.microsoft.com/security_essentials/default.aspx
--
Bruce Hagen
MS-MVP [Mail]

"TJ" <user@xxxxxxxxxxxx/> wrote in message news:eCYRfHT0KHA.3584@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
RE Can't Send Email: I use Norton. The problem started about a month ago in a pop Windows live account I hae and today on the Windows mail account.

RE: am getting this message. Can someone please help me!!!

The connection to the server has failed. Subject 'test', Account: 'pop-server.sc.rr.com', Server: 'smtp-server.sc.rr.com', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10013, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E

---
frmsrcurl: http://msgroups.net/microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail/can-t-send-email-as-of-today-Been-fine-for-years

  • Re: pop-ups and viruses
    ... I'm using Norton and SP2 w/ ... Messenger Service disabled, and I still recieve notifications from Norton. ... " What existing functionality is changing in Windows XP Service Pack 2? ... deserve to have my email account closed. ...
  • Re: cant send email as of today. Been fine for years
    ... <This is me, replying to myself, instead of replying to you. ... 2: Download and run the Norton Removal Tool: ... leave Norton and all its shortcomings off your machine and use MSE instead for more compatibility with Windows. ... ago in a pop Windows live account I hae and today on the Windows mail account. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: Virus and Guest account
    ... ctfmon.exe is a valid file, ... Administrator account. ... MS-MVP Windows XP/ Windows Smart Display ... Norton told me that it could not do ...
  • Re: Unable to Print to Network Printer from Limited User Accounts
    ... the only account that can print to the network printer is the ... I have printing and file sharing enable in the windows 98 ... I have also installed Norton 360, but I do not think this is the problem ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.general)
  • Re: How to Import contacts to Windows Mail.
    ... Importing is not done from account to account but from ... email service (Hotmail) to email client program (Windows Mail). ... It is a Windows mail account useing Vista. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)