Re: email error message

Windows Live Essentials is (strictly speaking) not an update for
Windows Mail. Among other things, it installs or updates Windows
Live Mail, a different email program. If you want to keep Windows
Mail as your primary (default) email program, do this:

Open the Default Programs applet, then click on "Set program
access and computer defaults." Expand the Custom selection, and
select Windows Mail. Click OK.
Then repeat the same thing except select Internet Explorer.

If no improvement, consider switching to Windows Live Mail. It will
automatically import all your Windows Mail data.

"breel" <breel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:3826AA2A-91F6-43E3-9654-EA69600E0D78@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Gary - It happens when my windows mail is already open. For example - if I
receive an email that someone has posted on my facebook and I click on the
link to take me to my facebook page - the error appears. I checked the
tools,options, advanced, maintenance, store folder ..... it says it is stored
in C:\Users\MYNAME\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows Mail

Another thought - I installed a couple of updates earlier today one of them
was an update to my windows mail........ It was Windows Live Essentials... I
already had the programs on my computer so I only chose to to "update" the
programs.
Should I try and uninstall that update or do a restore to a point before that?

"Gary VanderMolen [MVP]" wrote:

It happens when you try to open an email with Windows Mail already open,
or when you first open Windows Mail?

In case of the latter, check that the shortcut you click points to the correct
location of WinMail.exe.

In case of the former, check the location of the message store:
In Windows Mail: Tools, Options, Advanced, Maintenance, Store Folder.

"breel" <breel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:7195ACB4-7B37-4D24-9A73-052F62261FAE@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I opened my windows mail earlier and I had a genealogy program CD in my drive
E (that I had just installed). Ever since then - whenever I try and open an
e-mail... I get a popup error message that says "There is no disk in the
drive. Please insert a disk into drive E:. ) At the top of the box it
says.... WinMail.exe - No disk-

If I click Cancel or Try Again - the same box keeps popping up. If I just
click continue - I can open the email.
How do I fix this - it is very annoying to have it pop up with every email.

Thanks so much!

  • Re: email error message
    ... Gary - It happens when my windows mail is already open. ... link to take me to my facebook page - the error appears. ... Microsoft MVP program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com ... Please insert a disk into drive E:. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: email error message
    ... It happens when you try to open an email with Windows Mail already open, ... check the location of the message store: ... Microsoft MVP program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com ... Please insert a disk into drive E:. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: windows mail could not be started- MSOE.DLL could not be initi
    ... I logged-out of my user account and logged-in to another user account. ... Microsoft MVP program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com ... If I went to windows mail in one of the two other user accounts (they both ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: windows mail could not be started- MSOE.DLL could not be initi
    ... command to fix this folder? ... Microsoft MVP program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com ... If I went to windows mail in one of the two other user accounts (they both ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: cant use Windows Mail - whats going on?
    ... Microsoft MVP program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com ... I then opened my Windows Mail as usual and tons and tons of e-mails came ... Are you able to try a different yahoo.co.uk account to see if it gives the ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)