Re: can't send email as of today. Been fine for years

That's probably not an antivirus issue. Looks more like you are running
into a port 25 block. When you got that error message, was your Internet
connection being obtained from RoadRunner?
If not, what you experienced is normal. As a general rule, the owner of
the SMTP server you are using must be the same as the entity providing
your Internet connection at that moment. For more on this issue see
http://www.postcastserver.com/help/Port_25_Blocking.aspx

Let us know your circumstances (using a laptop away from home?),
and we will give you the appropriate workarounds.

"TJ" <user@xxxxxxxxxxxx/> wrote in message news:OPhY4JS0KHA.264@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I am getting this message. Can someone please help me!!!

The connection to the server has failed. Subject 'test', Account: 'pop-server.sc.rr.com', Server: 'smtp-server.sc.rr.com', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10013, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E

---
frmsrcurl: http://msgroups.net/microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail/5

  • Re: I cant send emails
    ... Apparently the Verizon mail servers were having trouble yesterday. ... Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) ... my connection was obtained from Verizon and I was on my home computer ... When you got that error message, ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: No network access for XP Home machine
    ... Network adapter not visible or connection not visible in Network ... I get the error message: LAN Connection – ... standard gateway to the Internet, ...
  • Re: error C00D1126
    ... > My computer is connected with the Internet all the time but still Window ... > When ever I try to run any web sit or ULR LINK the Window Media Player ... > message help" says that I am encountered error message C00D1126. ... > months after switching my Internet connection from AOL to Simpatico. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsmedia.player)
  • Windows XP update site not connecting.
    ... Explorer cannot display the webpage" error message. ... I hit the "diagnose connection" box that came ... my internet connection. ...
  • cannot stay connected to the internet due to winsock error
    ... i sent this email rather quickly to my internet provider: ... i'm having a really hard time staying ... the error message reads Exactly: ... Connection Structure is unknown. ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.file_system)