Re: can't send email as of today. Been fine for years

Turn off e-mail scanning in your anti-virus program. It is a redundant layer of protection that eats up CPUs, slows down sending and receiving, and causes a multitude of problems such as time-outs, account setting changes and has even been responsible for loss of messages. Your up-to-date A/V program will continue to protect you sufficiently. For more, see:
http://www.oehelp.com/OETips.aspx#3

Note that for some AV programs, it may be necessary to uninstall the program and reinstall in Custom Mode and uncheck e-mail scanning when the option arises.
--
Bruce Hagen
MS-MVP [Mail]

"TJ" <user@xxxxxxxxxxxx/> wrote in message news:OPhY4JS0KHA.264@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I am getting this message. Can someone please help me!!!

The connection to the server has failed. Subject 'test', Account: 'pop-server.sc.rr.com', Server: 'smtp-server.sc.rr.com', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10013, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E

---
frmsrcurl: http://msgroups.net/microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail/5

.