Re: e-mail

Sent messages will only show on the machine it was sent from.

For incoming, I believe only one machine has "Leave a copy" checked.

If both computers are using the same e-mail address, on both machines:

Tools | Accounts | Mail | Properties | Advanced - Check: Leave a copy of messages on the server.

On one machine only, check to Delete messages after X days to satisfy your allotted space you get from your server.
--
Bruce Hagen
MS-MVP [Mail]

"garymck" <garymck@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:F75AE7B0-4C47-4B82-AF23-47A0F8860C5E@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I have a Dell desktop and a Toshiba wireless laptop both running Vista and
when I check Windows Mail, the same message does not always appear on both
computers. For instance, if I check the Toshiba, open an e-mail, that same
e-mail will not show up on the Dell so I have to send it to myself, shut down
the Toshiba and open it up on the Dell. Or if I reply to an e-mail on the
Toshiba, it will not show up on the Dell under "Sent". ???

  • Re: e-mail
    ... MS-MVP [Mail] ... when I check Windows Mail, the same message does not always appear on both ... For instance, if I check the Toshiba, open an e-mail, that same ... the Toshiba and open it up on the Dell. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: e-mail
    ... "garymck" wrote in message ... when I check Windows Mail, the same message does not always appear on both ... For instance, if I check the Toshiba, open an e-mail, that same ... the Toshiba and open it up on the Dell. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: User dies, password lost
    ... He has two computers, one a Toshiba notebook, the other a Dell ... How to get into the Dell without the PWD? ...
  • Re: Suggestions for laptop purchase for Fedora Core 3?
    ... I'm using a Toshiba A35-S209. ... since they aren't as big of a name in computers as HP, Dell or Compaq, ... Toshiba is only laptops (as far as personal ... Dell will probably work well. ...
    (Fedora)
  • e-mail
    ... I have a Dell desktop and a Toshiba wireless laptop both running Vista and ... when I check Windows Mail, the same message does not always appear on both ... For instance, if I check the Toshiba, open an e-mail, that same ... e-mail will not show up on the Dell so I have to send it to myself, ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)