Re: Cannot send emails

Change the outgoing server name to smtp.comcast.net and the port
to 587. Also "My server requires authentication" must be checked.

If the problem continues, read on:
The error "unexpectedly terminated" is usually caused by interference
from an antivirus program. Which antivirus are you running?
As a minimum, email scanning in the antivirus should be turned off,
although that may not be sufficient to eliminate all bad effects.
In a worst case scenario, your antivirus may need to be uninstalled.

Email scanning in any antivirus should be disabled, for reasons
explained here:

As a possible temporary fix, delete that corrupted mail account,
restart Windows Mail, then recreate the account.

If no improvement after disabling email scanning, consider upgrading
to Windows Live Mail, because it is less prone to suffering bad effects
from overly intrusive antivirus programs:
http://download.live.com/wlmail

Microsoft MVP Program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com

"Michael" <Michael@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:CBB95699-232B-47E4-B898-0A95384E6114@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hello,

I recently converted from using the standard webmail email platforms to
windows mail. After countless hours of updating contacts, filing, and
restless typing I proceed to construct my first email. Only to the suprise it
cannot send it!

My error message is as follows:

inactivity. Subject 'Fw: Thank you again from Peyton Trent', Account:
'mail.comcast.net', Server: 'mail.comcast.net', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25,
Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC0F

I have tried putting my outgoing port to 587 and outgoing to 995. This
however did not work. So I tried to use settings that ensure authentication
of the server, and still no success. So I'm now resorting to this, please
help.

-Kind Regards

-Michael

P.S-- I've also recently had similar issues with the email platform on my
iPhone... But we wont disucc that here. Ha-ha?

  • Re: Cannot send emails
    ... Also "My server requires authentication" must be checked. ... Which antivirus are you running? ... As a minimum, email scanning in the antivirus should be turned off, ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: My experience with error code 0x800CCC0F
    ... So obviously you server would have a different name, ... headache) and get an antivirus program that can be updated. ... from AVG with its email scanning features disabled. ... This behavior can occur if you are using a component of TREND Micro ...
  • Re: Cannot receive e-mails
    ... Which antivirus are you running? ... As a minimum, email scanning in the antivirus must be turned off, ... GoogleMail server is 'often' down - which I doubt! ... Server Response: '-ERR incorrect password or account name', Port: 110, ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: Cannot receive or send Windows Mail
    ... Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. ... I set Windows Mail as my default and entered the POP3 and SMTP ... Antivirus, restarted my computer. ... email scanning in the antivirus must be turned off. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: Username and Password boxes keep opening -- then error message
    ... POP access to the Live server for some time already. ... one possible cause for that error is account corruption. ... As a minimum, email scanning in the antivirus must be turned off, ... If turning off the email scanning function does not resolve your problem, ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)