Re: Deleted Items NOT showing up in Deleted Items folder

This is really for Gary VanderMolen.

I have exactly the same problem as Dot2DotBarb........the letters in my
deleted items folder suddenly disappeared. The folder still lists them
as being present (and how many read and unread in the properties
section)but they are not displayed. I tried everything suggested in this
thread but have had no luck. Is there something else I can do?
I installed some critical updates offered by Windows update in the last
few days. Perhaps these had something to do with the sudden onset of the
problem. Should I try a system restore?

Thanks for any help you can give.

Gary VanderMolen \(MVP\);1629828 Wrote:
Glad to hear the issue has been resolved. Sometimes 'toggling' a
setting makes it take.

"Dot2DotBarb" <Dot2DotBarb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Follow up: After writing the last message I decided to change the
View
setting to something that I didn't want and then went back to the
"Show all
messages" setting. It seems to work now! Thank you, Gary!

"Dot2DotBarb" wrote:

I did do that before I wrote the original message. I was set
correctly, so I
didn't have to change it. Any other suggestions? I'm at a loss and
really
appreciate any help you can give me.

"Gary VanderMolen (MVP)" wrote:

The "Show all messages" setting is on a per folder basis, so be
sure you have the Deleted Items folder open when you check that
setting.

"Dot2DotBarb" <Dot2DotBarb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in
message news:1EF7E7C1-A992-4D09-BABC-869A28645FB2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I've been using Windows Mail for 18 months without any
significant problems.
Now, when I delete an email from my "Inbox," it does NOT appear
in my
"Deleted Items" folder. It just seems to disappear. I did read
many of the
earlier posts and have tried the suggestions. I've gone to
Tools>Options>Advanced>Maintenance - the "Empty messages from
the Deleted
Items folder on exit" is NOT checked. I've also gone to Current
View "Show
all messages" - that's identified/checked. Is there something
else that I
can do? I'd appreciate any suggestions. This is the first time
I've used
the Discussion Group, so I hope that I'm doing this correctly.

tone

  • Re: Deleted Items NOT showing up in Deleted Items folder
    ... Make sure you have installed Vista's SP1 and SP2 updates. ... upgrade to Windows Live Mail: ... Microsoft MVP Program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com ... deleted items folder suddenly disappeared. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: Message Creation failed
    ... Try dragging the large picture messages to your Deleted Items folder. ... upgrade to Windows Live Mail: ... Microsoft MVP program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: How to download the old messages deleted in windows vista mail ?
    ... Deleted messages go into the Deleted Items folder. ... Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) ... I need "some" mesages but they are already deleted and i wonder if there ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: Recovering deleted email
    ... Anything you delete will go into the Deleted Items folder. ... Microsoft MVP Program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: Deleted distribution list but not in deleted folder
    ... If you have more than one data store and the item was not in the default data store, the item won't be in the defatul Deleted Items folder, it will be in the Deleted Items folder of the data store the item was in originally. ... Now, this date doesn't mean a lot for Distribution Lists, but it will usually be an older date. ... To make it easier to find, click the Icon column in the header line to sort by icon and that will make it easier to find. ...
    (microsoft.public.outlook.contacts)