Re: The connection to the server has failed....

Ok... I tried your suggestion. It then gave me this error message:

Account: (my e-mail address), Server: 'mail.three.com.au', Protocol: POP3,
Server Response: '.', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC18

Any ideas from here??
--
rb

"Gary VanderMolen [MVP]" wrote:

I don't see any evidence that your provider supports SSL or advanced
port settings. Try it with the SSL option unchecked, and port 110.

Microsoft MVP Program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com

"rb" <rb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:A088B20B-D520-4DB7-B907-5929ADC32BAC@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Whenever I open Mail, it proceeds to do the automatic send/receive function,
but then I continue to get this message:

The connection to the server has failed. Account: (my e-mail address),
Server: 'mail.three.com.au', Protocol: POP3, Port: 995, Secure(SSL): Yes,
Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E

and it says 0 of 1 tasks completed.
Can anybody tell me how to fix this?

--
rb

  • Re: You have exceeded maximum pages... error
    ... [Microsoft MVP - Word] ... I'm decidedly alarmed by the suggestion that this is a 'bogus error' arbitrarily stuck in by lazy developers who just didn't have an appropriate error message handy. ... exceeded the maximum number of pages error - Suzanne S. Barnhill ...
  • Re: "The Document Name or Path Is Not Valid"
    ... > CD but I get the same error message with both copies. ... >>support call if it is established that you need the ... >>Microsoft MVP ... >>> tried "Open and Repair" with no luck. ...
  • Re: snap-in failed to initialize
    ... Ramesh Srinivasan, Microsoft MVP [Windows Shell/User] ... I also cannot load pastel 2007 as it gives a run-time error message as it ... There are some Microsoft KBs that address the Spooler issue. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: "Publish" error message- unique
    ... Dr. Fimio: ... > progress stops and is interrupted by "The Error Message." ... >> Tom Pepper Willett [Microsoft MVP - FrontPage] ...
    (microsoft.public.frontpage.client)
  • Re: Solution
    ... quite a few complaints about Pipex. ... Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) ... windows mail must be corrupted. ... don't get an error message, so just have the problem of why I'm not ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)