Re: Windows Mail

Check your settings against these:
https://embarq.centurylink.com/embarq/refDocs/user_guides/internet/HSI_windowsmail_Guide.pdf

I see nothing about SSL needing to be checked, but Secure Password Authorization may be needed.
--
Bruce Hagen
MS-MVP [Mail]

"ldnp6" <ldnp6@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:57328AAD-1393-442E-9910-CBE4E1EEC550@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
My Windows Live Mail will not open, so I tried to switch over and start
Windows Mail instead and add my 3 email accounts. None of them will download
emails or send. I keep getting this error: The connection to the server has
failed. Account: 'pop.embarqmail.com', Server: 'pop.embarqmail.com',
Protocol: POP3, Port: 995, Secure(SSL): Yes, Socket Error: 10060, Error
Number: 0x800CCC0E

I do not know what to do! I depend on emails for my business!

Thanks

Lisa Peterson

.