Re: Windows Mail

Check your settings against these:
https://embarq.centurylink.com/embarq/refDocs/user_guides/internet/HSI_windowsmail_Guide.pdf

I see nothing about SSL needing to be checked, but Secure Password Authorization may be needed.
--
Bruce Hagen
MS-MVP [Mail]

"ldnp6" <ldnp6@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:57328AAD-1393-442E-9910-CBE4E1EEC550@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
My Windows Live Mail will not open, so I tried to switch over and start
Windows Mail instead and add my 3 email accounts. None of them will download
emails or send. I keep getting this error: The connection to the server has
failed. Account: 'pop.embarqmail.com', Server: 'pop.embarqmail.com',
Protocol: POP3, Port: 995, Secure(SSL): Yes, Socket Error: 10060, Error
Number: 0x800CCC0E

I do not know what to do! I depend on emails for my business!

Thanks

Lisa Peterson

  • Re: Received error no. 0x80004005
    ... If it was a bug in Windows Mail, ... by deleting all the emails on the server. ... Gary VanderMolen, MS-MVP (Mail) ... It is caused by corruption on the server. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: repeated downloads
    ... a warning that the POP3 server wasn't responding. ... I couldn't send emails. ... windows mail appeared to be working properly again. ... [DTS] ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • RE: New to Windows Mail - stupid gmail question
    ... emails from your windows mail or leaving them out on the gmail server. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: outlook and windows mail
    ... right-click on your error message, copy, then paste it into a reply here. ... you have entered the server name correctly. ... passwords and pop3 addresses etc but everytime i try to set up the emails, ... so I cannot use it at all,so i'm thinking windows mail is the only way. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: windows mail issues
    ... would that be due to the server as well? ... Which antivirus are you running? ... went onto yahoo mail to view emails. ... windows mail cannot download emails ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)