Re: O2 outgoing mail

"Gary VanderMolen (MVP)" wrote:

Make sure you have send authentication enabled.
Go to Tools, Accounts, select that account, Properties, Servers.
Enable the "My server requires authentication" option.

If that setting was already checked, was your Internet connection
being provided by O2 when you got that error?

"Quentin" <Quentin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:9D344CDF-7B22-4008-9F6E-80D141DBC668@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

The rejected e-mail address was 'quentiDDSDa@xxxxxxxxxx'. Subject ':)',
Account: 'pop3.o2.ie', Server: 'mail.o2.ie', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response:
'550 5.7.1 Relaying not allowed: micknoemaildjd@xxxxxxxxxx', Port: 25,
Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 550, Error Number: 0x800CCC79