Re: O2 outgoing mail

"Gary VanderMolen (MVP)" wrote:

Make sure you have send authentication enabled.
Go to Tools, Accounts, select that account, Properties, Servers.
Enable the "My server requires authentication" option.

If that setting was already checked, was your Internet connection
being provided by O2 when you got that error?

"Quentin" <Quentin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:9D344CDF-7B22-4008-9F6E-80D141DBC668@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

The rejected e-mail address was 'quentiDDSDa@xxxxxxxxxx'. Subject ':)',
Account: 'pop3.o2.ie', Server: 'mail.o2.ie', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response:
'550 5.7.1 Relaying not allowed: micknoemaildjd@xxxxxxxxxx', Port: 25,
Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 550, Error Number: 0x800CCC79

  • Sending email to mydomain.com
    ... They do not offer an smtp server, ... different from the user account names for the exchange ... I added one user account in the POP3 Mailbox Accounts ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Critical e-mail problem.
    ... I upgraded from Win2K Server to WinSBS2003 on my desktop ... of my POP3 e-mail accounts as an Exchange Server account. ... I found that I was only receiving mail from the Exchange ... your Outlook profile will have Exchange as its default (and this ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Critical e-mail problem.
    ... I upgraded from Win2K Server to WinSBS2003 on my desktop ... of my POP3 e-mail accounts as an Exchange Server account. ... I found that I was only receiving mail from the Exchange ... your Outlook profile will have Exchange as its default (and this ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Integrated security - why not?
    ... Let me explain why we seldom use Integrated Security for Internet asp.net ... how could we setup accounts for them? ... !server to the public network with services such as SQL Server (remember SQL ... The DC at the ISP is not for our own use. ...
  • Re: mailbox disabled
    ... When the user accounts on the server were initially created the client ... e-mail from outside the network would receive the "mailbox has been ... had been told the mailbox was disabled on the recipient ...
    (microsoft.public.exchange.admin)