Re: mail on server, but not coming through WM

Go back to your inbox on the webmail page & double-check the date & timestamp of the "missing" messages and confirm that they were indeed received within the last 12-24 hours or so.

While you're there, see if one or more of the "missing" messages is a HUGE size (i.e., the message has a very large attachment)?

Back in Windows Mail, send a message From yourself To yourself as a test, then see if it downloads into Windows Mail after an appropriate interval.

If it doesn't, check to see if it's in the inbox on the webmail page.

PS: Is it a name@xxxxxxxxxxx or name@xxxxxxx account by any chance?

Kelly wrote:
Thnak you PA Bear,

I haven't received any messages in WinMail today;

I do not have any other e-mail clients set up, although I am thinking of
figuring out how to disable Win Mail (they do not make that easy at all) and
Mail...guess I shouldn't changed what was working well.

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
Pick one: (a) You haven't received any messages in WinMail today; (b)
Messages arrive but you can't see/find them, or (c) You get an error
message when you attempt to receive messages? (If the latter, post the
complete/verbatim error message.)

Do you access the same email account in another Mail Client (e.g., Outlook
or Outlook Express or Windows Live Mail on another computer)?
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
www.banthecheck.com

Kelly wrote:
Is there anyone who might be able to help me? Could this be a server issue
or a Windows Mail issue...?

"Kelly" wrote:
Just got a new computer (Vista) set up Windows Mail, worked fine past
couple of days then today no e-mails have come through, very unusual, so
checked my server and there were several on the server. I have poked
around behind the scenes on WM to no avail...anyone have any thoughts on
what I could do please?

  • Re: Reversing the effects of Outlook?
    ... I like to leave my new emails in my Inbox, even if I've read them, so I ... webmail, having them all together in 1 Inbox is a little confusing. ... You set up your Web Mail and remove all your setup info from Windows Mail ... to my original webmail provider. ...
    (microsoft.public.internet.mail)
  • Re: Sending webpage by e-mail
    ... His account is with bellsouth/ATT. ... And in answer to PA Bear, asking if the "missing" message showed up in his webmail, but since all his other messages are immediately downloaded into OE, it's not very likely that the one missing message would stay with the server and not download with the others, is it? ... He said it showed up in his e-mail, but never in his Inbox. ...
  • Re: My e mail account tells me I have no new messages.
    ... are they in the Inbox of webmail? ... A POP client like Windows Mail ... can only download from the Inbox folder on the server. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • RE: The diappearing IMAP Inbox...solution?
    ... problem occurs with Windows Mail and Outlook Express. ... but the show button is greyed out when inbox is selected. ... able to retrieve the Inbox by selecting "IMAP folders" and then clicking on ... The IMAP server Mail is connecting to is EIMS 3.3.7 running on an Intel Core ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: Why do local programs not see all the messages in the webmail inbox?
    ... Where Windows Mail on my new Vista machine has "Account/Properties/Servers/Incoming Mail Server/E-mail username" I had firstname@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, whereas the corresponding thing on my old machine was just set to surname.isp.com. ... For some unknown reason the change also clears up problems of timeouts in Windows Mail or MailWasher contacting the POP3 server. ... I believe I followed my ISP's instructions in the way I had set things up on the Vista machine, ... My way of working with email is to run a local program MailWasher, which lists all the messages in the server's inbox - the same messages you see through webmail - and offers easy ways of filtering and deleting them, so you can go on to download what's left to another local program, Outlook Express. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)