Re: Inbox Folder
- From: "Steve Cochran" <scochran@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 28 Aug 2009 08:23:14 -0400
My Windows Mail utility (www.oehelp.com/WMUtil/) is non-destructive and
creates a backup file in case of problems after repair, so it doesn't
"break" anything as you describe.
"Sam Hobbs" <Gateremovethis@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Note that there is no clear problem, and "if it ain't broke don't fix it".
Trying to fix something that is not broken is likely to break it. I hope
you will continue to be a loyal friend and clean up any messes caused by
"VistaRookie" <VistaRookie.3xlp03@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in
Follow these steps.
1) Move all emails from the Inbox/Outbox/Sent Items/
Drafts folders. Put them into folders that you create.
They should NOT be sub-folders to the Inbox, etc;
They should be on the same hierarchy as those default
folders. Also, delete all the emails that are in the
Deleted Items folder.
2) Compact WM. Tools->Options->Advanced Tab.
Click Maintenance Button. Set compact to zero (0).
Close WM, it should pop-up and say it will compact.
If not, open and close WM again. Once compacted, go
back and set compacting to 100 (or a number of your
choice). Then close WM.
3) Now go look in Windows Explorer and see if the
1000s of .eml files are still showing in the above
If they are still visible, then go ahead and try running
the various database repair functions in WMUtil.
Let me understand.
These thousands of .eml and .nws (in the Outbox folder) files being
in the folder are an indication of a problem that needs to be
What are these files? I open them and there's no subject or body. Why
they being saved by Vista?
There's no indication of a problem with Windows Mail.
"Gary VanderMolen" <gary@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Try running the various database repair functions in the WMUtil
program: 'WMUtil' (http://www.oehelp.com/WMUtil)
If no improvement, upgrade to Windows Live Mail:
'Mail - Windows Live' (http://download.live.com/wlmail)
Gary VanderMolen, MS-MVP (Mail)
"JamesJ" <jjy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
My problem here is although Windows Mail shows no messages in theInbox,
for instance, but in C:\Users\Jay\AppData\Local\Microsoft\WindowsMail\Local Folders\Inbox in Explorer it shows over 1,000 items. Why is
this so? If Windows Mail's Inbox shows no messages then there should be
no messages in the store to corrupt? Am I missing something?
10% of my brain lives with me. The other 90% can be found
Posted via http://www.vistaheads.com
- Prev by Date: Re: Body of email message won't print
- Next by Date: Re: Inbox Folder
- Previous by thread: Re: Inbox Folder
- Next by thread: Re: Inbox Folder