Re: Send & Receive Problems

Symantec is likely to be worse as far as interfering with Windows Mail.

Your AVG antivirus was probably installed with its default install option.
If so, uninstall it, then reinstall, but select 'custom' install, which then
allows you to unselect installing its troublesome email scanning module.

While AVG is uninstalled, try Windows Mail again, just to verify that
the culprit has been found.

--
Gary VanderMolen, MS-MVP (Mail)