Re: Send & Receive Problems

Thanks for your reply.
Iam using AVG free vers 8.5 program . Will try and switch off . I also have
Symantec endpoint protection Ver 11.04 14 would this be better. I will have a
look at your link.
thanks
--
john 2088

"Gary VanderMolen" wrote:

No, you can't reinstall just Windows Mail.

Your symptom is usually caused by interference from an antivirus program.
Which antivirus are you running?
As a minimum, email scanning in the antivirus should be turned off,
although that may not be sufficient to eliminate all bad effects.
In a worst case scenario, your antivirus may need to be uninstalled.

Email scanning in any antivirus should be disabled, for reasons
explained here:

If no improvement after disabling email scanning, consider upgrading
to Windows Live Mail, because it is less prone to suffering bad effects
from overly intrusive antivirus programs:
http://download.live.com/wlmail

--
Gary VanderMolen, MS-MVP (Mail)