Re: Cannot receive mail

Did you test Windows Mail while you had AVG Antivirus uninstalled?

Your AVG antivirus was probably installed with its default install option.
If so, uninstall it, then reinstall, but select 'custom' install, which then
allows you to unselect installing its troublesome email scanning module.
Disabling email scanning after it is installed does not fix the problem.

While AVG is uninstalled, try Windows Mail again, just to verify that
the culprit has been found.

--
Gary VanderMolen, MS-MVP (Mail)

"Lis" <guest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:897e5271eb649adaf5e8c92cabc018ac@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Since changing to a new ISP server, I am unable to receive mail.
Outgoing is quite OK.
According to my server it is set-up correctly. They suggested to
uninstall my AVG anti virus program to see if it was being blocked. I
have reinstalled AVG and changed the setting to disble the email
protection and I still cannot receive mail. MY ISP server says now that
there is nothing further they can do.
The message that comes up when I want to receive mail is:
The connection to the server has failed. Account: 'mail.tadaust.org.au'
Server: 'mail.tadaust.org.au' Protocol: POP3,Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No,
Socket Error 10060, Eror Number: 0x800CCCOE
Can you advise me of any other options. Thanks

--
Lis

  • Re: Application Error - The Memory Could Not Read
    ... I uninstalled Mailwasher, ... I uninstalled Norton Security 2008 using Norton's Uninstall Program for 2008. ... I Installed AVG Free Version 8.0. ... to an old Install Shield Engine but their solution is only for WXP SP2 ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Win Mail wont send attachments
    ... No need to uninstall anything. ... Gary VanderMolen, MS-MVP (Mail) ... ...I think I'm running naked on the internet - may I reinstall AVG, ... you installed AVG antivirus using its default install option. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: Win Mail wont send attachments
    ... Do you mean to uninstall WM and WLM and use Thunderbird as my email instead? ... Gary VanderMolen, MS-MVP (Mail) ... ...I think I'm running naked on the internet - may I reinstall AVG, ... you installed AVG antivirus using its default install option. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: antivirus programs
    ... trying to uninstall Spybot because that Tea Timer part of it ... I had AVG once, until an update came along that wouldn't ... install, and I got frustrated with it so I uninstalled it. ... Malwarebytes it often does come up with stuff which I ...
    (soc.retirement)
  • Re: Need help saving computer
    ... > I am trying to clean up and fix my cousin's girlfriend's computer. ... > This machine is a Dell Dimension with an OEM install of XP Home. ... Post-SP2 Windows Firewall Information/guidance: ... How to Manually Uninstall Norton: ...