Re: Cannot receive mail

Did you test Windows Mail while you had AVG Antivirus uninstalled?

Your AVG antivirus was probably installed with its default install option.
If so, uninstall it, then reinstall, but select 'custom' install, which then
allows you to unselect installing its troublesome email scanning module.
Disabling email scanning after it is installed does not fix the problem.

While AVG is uninstalled, try Windows Mail again, just to verify that
the culprit has been found.

--
Gary VanderMolen, MS-MVP (Mail)

"Lis" <guest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:897e5271eb649adaf5e8c92cabc018ac@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Since changing to a new ISP server, I am unable to receive mail.
Outgoing is quite OK.
According to my server it is set-up correctly. They suggested to
uninstall my AVG anti virus program to see if it was being blocked. I
have reinstalled AVG and changed the setting to disble the email
protection and I still cannot receive mail. MY ISP server says now that
there is nothing further they can do.
The message that comes up when I want to receive mail is:
The connection to the server has failed. Account: 'mail.tadaust.org.au'
Server: 'mail.tadaust.org.au' Protocol: POP3,Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No,
Socket Error 10060, Eror Number: 0x800CCCOE
Can you advise me of any other options. Thanks

--
Lis
.