Re: MIDI Files Don't Play in Windows Mail

Very often the volume gets set to a very low number (-9640 or somesuch). Compose a new HTML message and then go to Insert | Background | Sound. Then insert the midi. Then, prior to sending the message, go to View | Source Edit and then click on the Source tab at the bottom. Then look through the source and look for <BGSOUND volume=-9640 src="mymidi.mid"> and change the volume to zero (the maximum). See if that works then. If it does, then go to Control Panel | Sounds and find out which device is muted or has its volume control set to zero and then fix that and in the future the midi should work.

steve

<mutefan@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:ea9b40a5-f490-45e2-aadd-8047e76bebb8@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I've read and tried several solutions after Googling this problem. I
thought I'd post here. Windows Mail will either 1) not allow MIDI
files to be inserted into a new message, or 2) not allow MIDI files to
be PLAYED. I don't know which it is. If anyone can tell me why, I'd
appreciate hearing. Thanks.

  • Re: ** Steve, Jim, & Bruce... Background midi
    ... If someone sends you an email with a midi background, ... email *your* SW Synth volume will be set to zero (whatever its previous ... Is it possible that I have a damaged or missing activeX control? ...
  • Re: ** Steve, Jim, & Bruce... Background midi
    ... If someone sends you an email with a midi background, ... email *your* SW Synth volume will be set to zero (whatever its previous ... Is it possible that I have a damaged or missing activeX control? ...
  • Re: ** Steve, Jim, & Bruce... Background midi
    ... If someone sends you an email with a midi background, ... email *your* SW Synth volume will be set to zero (whatever its previous ... Is it possible that I have a damaged or missing activeX control? ...
  • Re: Sequencing
    ... >> about all these pay sites that have midi files of all these songs? ... >> full band and looking to just sequence stuff outside of drums, guitar, ... The quality of MIDI files is all over the board. ...
    (rec.music.makers.percussion)
  • Re: Sequencing
    ... >>> about all these pay sites that have midi files of all these songs? ... >>> full band and looking to just sequence stuff outside of drums, guitar, ... > you need a click track that can be sent to the drummer - either a MIDI ...
    (rec.music.makers.percussion)