Re: MIDI Files Don't Play in Windows Mail

Very often the volume gets set to a very low number (-9640 or somesuch). Compose a new HTML message and then go to Insert | Background | Sound. Then insert the midi. Then, prior to sending the message, go to View | Source Edit and then click on the Source tab at the bottom. Then look through the source and look for <BGSOUND volume=-9640 src="mymidi.mid"> and change the volume to zero (the maximum). See if that works then. If it does, then go to Control Panel | Sounds and find out which device is muted or has its volume control set to zero and then fix that and in the future the midi should work.

steve

<mutefan@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:ea9b40a5-f490-45e2-aadd-8047e76bebb8@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I've read and tried several solutions after Googling this problem. I
thought I'd post here. Windows Mail will either 1) not allow MIDI
files to be inserted into a new message, or 2) not allow MIDI files to
be PLAYED. I don't know which it is. If anyone can tell me why, I'd
appreciate hearing. Thanks.

  • Re: ** Steve, Jim, & Bruce... Background midi
    ... If someone sends you an email with a midi background, ... email *your* SW Synth volume will be set to zero (whatever its previous ... Is it possible that I have a damaged or missing activeX control? ...
  • Re: ** Steve, Jim, & Bruce... Background midi
    ... If someone sends you an email with a midi background, ... email *your* SW Synth volume will be set to zero (whatever its previous ... Is it possible that I have a damaged or missing activeX control? ...
  • Re: ** Steve, Jim, & Bruce... Background midi
    ... If someone sends you an email with a midi background, ... email *your* SW Synth volume will be set to zero (whatever its previous ... Is it possible that I have a damaged or missing activeX control? ...
  • Re: Sequencing
    ... If you click on the first link, which says "71 midi files with 27 different lengths", you then see the page with the different 'versions' on it. ... My understanding was that you could take those, open them in cakewalk, delete the tracks you do not want in the sequence and assign the rest to the midi address of the particular sound you want in your sound module and voila. ... The other major issue is using sequenced files with a live band is that you need a click track that can be sent to the drummer - either a MIDI signal that the drummer can use with his own unit or an audio signal that does not go to the house mix. ...
    (rec.music.makers.percussion)
  • Re: Sequencing
    ... >> about all these pay sites that have midi files of all these songs? ... >> full band and looking to just sequence stuff outside of drums, guitar, ... The quality of MIDI files is all over the board. ...
    (rec.music.makers.percussion)