Re: Road Runner Cable

Any uninstall of a Norton security program must be followed up
by using their debris removal tool:
http://service1.symantec.com/Support/tsgeninfo.nsf/docid/2005033108162039

Do you get an error message when you try to send? If so,
right-click on your error message, copy, then paste it into a reply here.
We can't do much troubleshooting without the complete error message.

--
Gary VanderMolen, MS-MVP (Mail)

"Abel" <abel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:12680D35-B619-4687-96FD-FDECAC7954B6@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
It is already unchecked, so that's not the cause. By the way, I tried
uninstalling my Norton antivirus and then tried to send emails, and I am
still unable to send. Therefore, I assume it's not the antivirus. I also
tried my ISP again and I am able to send/receive from webmail with no
problems. It seems to be only occuring in Windows Mail. Any other
suggestions? Thanks.

--
abel

"Gary VanderMolen" wrote:

In Windows Mail, go to Tools, Accounts, select that account, Properties, Advanced,
then uncheck the SSL option.

--
Gary VanderMolen, MS-MVP (Mail)

"Abel" <abel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:74DA1CDC-FEC8-48AF-BEEB-8A3F9CAFD68E@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Okay. So what do I need to do? Thanks!
--
abel

"Adam" wrote:

Looks like it's trying to use SSL on your authentication settings.

I have RoadRunner too and use the smtp-server.triad.rr.com.

You don't need to use SSL to authenticate with their email server.

  • Re: Software program not loading
    ... I have not yet uninstalled my anti-virus software (there is no firewall), since I cannot disable it on a temporary basis. ... Before I do this, however, I thought that I would await your thoughts on the .exe file listed in the STOP error message. ... If you can boot to Safe Mode without problems then one of your drivers is causing problems, AV software and software firewalls have filter drivers that sometimes cause these kinds of problems, see here for more information: ... The uninstall halted, because "another application has exclusive access to the file ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.general)
  • Re: Microsoft .Net. Framework error
    ... If I uninstall 3.5 SP1 from my laptop, will that automatically uninstall the v 2.0.50727 that shows up under Services in msconfig? ... Framework again from the Microsoft download site? ... This corrects the problem (error message shown in the initial posting). ... I now am in a Selective Startup mode with Load System Services not checked. ...
  • Re: Program and all files vanished
    ... file and to the uninstall. ... The Start menu should only contain shortcuts so I would have thought ... There was an error message the flashed too quickly to ... didn't know that using the system restore wasn't the same as restoring the ...
  • Re: Can receive but not send emails
    ... Should I try to uninstall the McAfee to try? ... If there is no port 25 blocking, then your McAfee is likely at fault. ... Do you get a similar error message when attempting to send via mail.auleetech.com? ... The connection to the server has failed. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: Error Message on Opening Word
    ... Most likely the uninstall left an add-in in Word's Startup folder. ... > How can I reconfigure Word to make the error message go away? ...
    (microsoft.public.word.docmanagement)