Re: Problems viewing the photos from windows mail via Windows Phot

There have not been, nor will there be any updates to Windows Mail.
MSFT "fixed" WM by replacing it with Windows Live Mail.

There's also a replacement for Windows Photo Gallery... Windows Live Photo Gallery.
http://download.live.com/photogallery

--
Windows 7 beta
http://get.live.com/wlmail/overview

"Villager54" <Villager54@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:6B992B3B-B1BC-43B2-AB42-8FE6F8245090@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Saving attachments has always worked. However, until recently, the photo
would open just by clicking it. Please note: Clicking to open still works on
my laptop. I won't let MS update my mail program, particularly with that
905866 update that caused my desktop to crash. Incoming photos still open in
the body of the email but some people send large files hat cannot be viewed
totally on one screen. It has always been easier to click to open the file to
view before saving them to Pictures.

The error message says that windows cannot find the file. It always could
and it still can on my laptop. MS needs to fix the problem that it has
created.

"Gary VanderMolen" wrote:

Save the attachment, then open it outside of Windows Mail.

--
Gary VanderMolen, MS-MVP (Mail)

"Villager54" <Villager54@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:9F3261F9-07FB-48F8-8FB0-C5F8DA80176B@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>I have developed the same problem. How about MS giving us a fix???
>
> "Odisseus" wrote:
>
>> I have Vista and of course the viewer as Windows Photo Gallery images.
>> Suddenly and without any apparent reason I can not open the
>> photo attached to newsgroup messages with Windows Photo Gallery.
>> The photo is visible in the message body, but
>> when I try to view it with Photo Gallery I see this
>> Message:
>> "Could not find file xxx.jpg verify that the file name is
>> correct and try again "
>> Of course, the file name is correct but no way.
>> What can I do to fix this?
>> Thank you.

  • Re: Photo Gallery Error Message
    ... have permission to access the file location", I turn off/uncheck User Account ... Open photo with Windows Paint. ... Try to open and edit with Photo Gallery. ...
  • Re: Vista Photo gallery
    ... I suspect that most of the people on this group have converted to Windows Live Photo Gallery, ... In that there is no 'thumbnail' in upper right when viewing in full screen. ... Windows photo gallery shows images in color only so long as you don't ...
  • Re: system file checker
    ... and other efforts to fix have not been successful. ... >an opportunity (identifying and replacing a corrupted ... >pretty much the same in Windows XP? ... and then compared them to the actual files when sfc was run. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: using hp psc 1410
    ... Windows Technologies - Printing & Imaging ... configure photo gallery then i get a screen saying gathering required info ... install the prouduct photo gallery.[the only on this screen is cancel so i ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.print_fax)
  • Re: Windows Photo Gallery distorting colors?
    ... When you view an image in Windows ... Photo Gallery on a Windows Vista-based computer, ... 'When you view an image in Windows Photo Gallery on a Windows ... 'Yellow pictures in Windows Photo Gallery - Vista Forums' ...