Re: Road Runner Cable

In Windows Mail, go to Tools, Accounts, select that account, Properties, Advanced,
then uncheck the SSL option.

--
Gary VanderMolen, MS-MVP (Mail)

"Abel" <abel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:74DA1CDC-FEC8-48AF-BEEB-8A3F9CAFD68E@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Okay. So what do I need to do? Thanks!
--
abel

"Adam" wrote:

Looks like it's trying to use SSL on your authentication settings.

I have RoadRunner too and use the smtp-server.triad.rr.com.

You don't need to use SSL to authenticate with their email server.

  • Re: cant send email now
    ... I don't see any evidence that the SSL option should be enabled. ... In Windows Mail go to Tools, Accounts, select that account, Properties, ... to my regular internet server andit stil wont work, ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: error message, cant receive emails!
    ... Go to Tools, Accounts, select that account, Properties, Advanced, ... uncheck the associated SSL option also. ... problems with Windows Mail over time. ... Microsoft MVP program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: cant send email now
    ... I don't see any evidence that the SSL option should be enabled. ... In Windows Mail go to Tools, Accounts, select that account, Properties, ... to my regular internet server andit stil wont work, ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: Windows Mail not replying with correct email address
    ... If so-- If I were to purchase that would Windows Mail act more ... Yes I have checked all the accounts, and they each have there own unique ... Comcast has created those sub-accounts. ... Then hit send and receive/Account A, and it would download the message ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: Windows 7 email program?
    ... Maybe I'll use Thunderbird, and initially just convert my main folders, then convert the others, and maybe weed out or consolidate them as I need them. ... it's better than Windows Mail because Windows Mail dump all e-mails to one In-box even though you may have different accounts. ... "Paul H" wrote in message ...