Re: Heres an odd one

Hello TPR,

This will help show you how to fix this stuck undeletable email message
problem in Windows Mail for all folders.

Installing the KB941090 update will just fix the problem for now. You
must stop the cause to prevent it from happening again. Read the section
titled "FIRST" in this tutorial about antivirus and other security
programs to help prevent this from happening again, then install the
KB941090 Microsoft Update in the section titled "SECOND" to fix and be
able to delete the stuck message from the problem folder.

If this does not help, then give the manual way a try.

'Windows Mail problems'
(http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/62560-windows-mail-problems.html)

Hope this helps,
Shawn
tpr;862466 Wrote:
Under the Local Folders pane, my Outbox folder appears to be empty as
there
is nothing showing waiting to be sent. My email service was down for a
couple of minutes this morning and I had an email waiting to be sent. I
opened the Outbox folder and found a reply to a newsgroup post that I
thought had been sent. It's a 1KB plain text reply. When I tried to
open
it to see what it was about an error message popped up stating "the
message
could not be displayed, and the following reason:
"Windows Mail encountered an unexpected problem while displaying this
message. Check your computer for low memory or low disk space and try
again."

Next I tried to delete the message and got a popup stating "An unknown
error
has occurred". Another popup appears with a colored bar across it and
the
words "Deleting messages" on it. There is a light shadow moving across
the
bar which I guess is supposed to indicate some sort of action is
happening.
Nothing happens though and I eventually just close the popup.

Next I tried to drag and drop it into the Deleted folder and again got
popup stating "An unknown error has occurred" followed by another popup
stating "The selected message(s) could not be moved. An unknown error
has
occurred"

What's up with the message? I can't open it, move it, send it or delete
it.

I have the same problem in recieved mail. My system tells me that it is
corrupt. when closing the "not enough memory or space" page, I get a
quick
glimpse of a dark background with a skull and crossbones. I also can
not
delete this e-mail.

--
Brink

them.*
*Please post feedback to help others.*

  • Re: Deleted items folder wont empty
    ... problem in Windows Mail for all folders. ... Installing the KB941090 update will just fix the problem for now. ... I cannot delete the emails from my deleted items folder. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: emptying deleted items folder in Windows Mail under Vista O/S
    ... items folder", highlighting all and pressing DEL, deleting ... problem in Windows Mail for all folders. ... The KB941090 update will just fix the problem for now. ... then install the KB941090 Microsoft Update in the ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: Deleted items folder wont empty
    ... problem in Windows Mail for all folders. ... Installing the KB941090 update will just fix the problem for now. ... I cannot delete the emails from my deleted items folder. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: cant delete one email in inbox?
    ... This will help show you how to fix the stuck undeletable email message ... problem in Windows Mail for all folders. ... able to delete the stuck message from the problem folder. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: Deleted Items Folder
    ... problem in Windows Mail for all folders. ... Installing the KB941090 update will just fix the problem for now. ... able to delete the stuck message from the problem folder. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)