Re: Yahoo Bizmail has stopped working

Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity. Subject 'a test', Account: 'pop.bizmail.yahoo.com', Server: 'smtp.bizmail.yahoo.com', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 465, Secure(SSL): Yes, Error Number: 0x800CCC0F

I have set this up again many times and I know the settings are right. It works in Outlook.

"Gary VanderMolen" <Gary@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:e1IM94PLJHA.1304@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Define "stopped working".
Do you get an error message? If so, right-click on the error message,
copy, then paste it into a reply here.
We can't do much troubleshooting without the complete error message.

--
Gary VanderMolen, MS-MVP (Mail)

"SteveC" <sconklan.nospam.yahoo.com> wrote in message news:97D447FB-BD0C-40D4-8BE6-DA8C8EFE1864@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Anyone know why smtp.bizmail.yahoo.com has stopped working with Windows Mail last couple of weeks? I have checked the settings
and they still work perfectly with Outlook 2007 but not in Windows mail. Using port 465 SSL.

  • Re: POP3
    ... I use Outlook Xp on ... The error message that you're getting ... Jeff Stephenson ... While the test settings ...
    (microsoft.public.outlook.general)
  • Re: I cant send emails with Outlook or Windows Mail
    ... I have used aapt as my Service Provider for a few months. ... Outlook to send and receive mails. ... received the same problem and error message. ... rather than windows mail and try to send the email. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: outlook express 6
    ... With the error message that you are getting it would not have worked ... Either of those can mess with your mail account settings. ... own Outlook Express settings. ... The server name would not be simply POP3. ...
  • Re: outlook express 6
    ... With the error message that you are getting it would not have worked ... Either of those can mess with your mail account settings. ... own Outlook Express settings. ... The server name would not be simply POP3. ...
  • Re: cant send to bellsouth newsgroup via vista 64 bit OS
    ... Post the complete error message. ... Does this only happen when posting a Reply to a newsgroup thread? ... In Windows Mail go to Tools, Options, Send, News Sending Format, ... I have the same settings for the account in both laptops. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)