Re: receiving mail but wont let me send?

"Sara" <Sara@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
This is the erorr code:

The connection to the server has failed. Subject 'Re: ', Account:
'mail.comcast.net', Server: 'smtp.comcast.net', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25,
Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E

I'm using Vista/Outlook and comcast is our provider. This just started out
of the blue yesterday, no problems up to then. Can anyone decipher and
tell
me how to fix in laymans terms? I'm not real computer savvy.

Thank you so much,
~Sara

Comcast no longer uses port 25, they now use port 587.
Tools>accounts>your account>properties>advanced tab.

See for all the account settings:
http://www.comcast.com/Customers/FAQ/FaqDetails.ashx?Id=2288

--
Regards Steve.