Re: receiving mail but wont let me send?

"Sara" <Sara@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
This is the erorr code:

The connection to the server has failed. Subject 'Re: ', Account:
'mail.comcast.net', Server: 'smtp.comcast.net', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25,
Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E

I'm using Vista/Outlook and comcast is our provider. This just started out
of the blue yesterday, no problems up to then. Can anyone decipher and
tell
me how to fix in laymans terms? I'm not real computer savvy.

Thank you so much,
~Sara

Comcast no longer uses port 25, they now use port 587.
Tools>accounts>your account>properties>advanced tab.

See for all the account settings:
http://www.comcast.com/Customers/FAQ/FaqDetails.ashx?Id=2288

--
Regards Steve.
MS-MVP. MAIL. [DTS] UK.

  • Re: cannot send mail from Windows mail
    ... When a username/password combination doesn't work in Windows Mail, ... I mean I dont use it but as outgoing address for my ISP account. ... youir username and password are correct for your mail server". ... Ask your home ISP if they support SMTP on a port other than 25. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: cannot send mail from Windows mail
    ... Enable your Gmail account for POP: ... Do not change the incoming server. ... Should O ask my ISP? ... Ask your home ISP if they support SMTP on a port other than 25. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: Freecycle leads to Yahoo email woes
    ... to get a Yahoo Account ID plus Password plus email address. ... From memory it involved reasonably standard pop and smtp server names ... but SSL port numbers. ...
    (uk.people.silversurfers)
  • Re: Freecycle leads to Yahoo email woes
    ... From memory it involved reasonably standard pop and smtp server names ... 'Use SSL,port465,use authentication' for outgoing.' ... Connection" under the Incomingor Outgoing Port ... Try Changing the Port Number (on the Advanced Tab of the Account ...
    (uk.people.silversurfers)
  • Re: IAS as RADIUS
    ... even plugged into to that ethernet port. ... Create accounts for them, or just one special account for all ... Add the account Vendors to the group "Temp Vendors". ... can create a user on the server running IAS somewhere that it pulls from, ...