Re: Activation

"Mark A. Sam" <MarkASam@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:utNLQRdyKHA.2644@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hello,

I couldn't find a Windows 7 group, so I thought it appropriate to post my question here.

I installed Windows 7 on an iMac in a Virtual Engine using Paralles Desktop 5. I decided to install it using a Disk Partition instead, so I sent Windows to the trashcan ( I couldn't find a method to uninstall it) and unistalled Paralles. Using a program on the Mac called Bootcamp, I set up the particion and reinstalled Windows 7. Now I am getting a message that the Product Key I entered can't be used on that machine. I understand why, I think, because the hard drive name changed. Should I have deactivated Windows before reinstalling, and can I still do it? The Help shows that it can after installing a new hard drive or memory, but the system doesn't let me.

Thanks for any help and God Bless,

Mark A. Sam

Although your immediate issue has been solved, you should be aware that support for Windows 7 is provided in Microsoft web forums only. There are no Microsoft public newsgroups for Windows 7. Here are the web forums:

http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/category/windows7

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/category/w7itpro/

  • Re: P4C800-DELUXE XP Install Problems --- Hanging
    ... Windows Install Guide by Mr Steveo from ABX Zone Website. ... Additionally, if you have a Springdale or Canterwood chipset motherboard, ... Install chipset INFs before any video or sound drivers. ...
    (alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus)
  • Re: Checking for the latest updates....
    ... It's a good idea to install them now and then check again, ... Microsoft Windows XP ... Windows XP Service Pack 1 ... Security Update for Windows XP ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • RE: updates after format
    ... if the Microsoft Server is down. ... software you are installing has not passed Windows Logo testing verify its ... When you try to download an ActiveX control, install an update to Windows ... and you do not have the appropriate certificate in your Trusted Publishers ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.mediacenter)
  • Re: Files Gone???
    ... Cannot Open E-Mail Attachments in Outlook Express After You Install SP1 ... Turn off email scanning in your antivirus software. ... Windows 2000 and Windows XP. ... Windows XP Service Pack 2 Resources for IT Professionals ...
  • Re: Universal sound card?
    ... Decided to install within windows on a laptop. ... linux is not working, they just want it to work. ... Copied the cd to the hard drive and tried to install from there. ... computers that only had floppy drives, have you running all processes with ...
    (comp.os.linux.hardware)