Re: Installing second copy of Vista hangs

You should be aware that the Win7 upgrade license allows you to upgrade(replace) one previous Vista or XP installation and therefore it is not legal to dual boot it with a version you are upgrading from. This is with the win7 upgrade you are normally allowed only to install it in the partition you that contains the release you are upgrading from. It it is also true that your Vista license is only for one installation of Vista and does legally support two copies of it to be installed on the same disk in different partitions,

"eldiener" <guest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:ffe9b406b9f2297bb351952e16240a01@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I have already been told that I can install my Windows 7 upgrade into a
separate partition rather than in the partition where I have Windows
Vista, so this post can be ignored.

--
eldiener

  • Re: Partioning Vista equipped laptop.
    ... I want to install Linux permanently on this box, ... one for backup of Vista. ... room for a Debian partition. ... The Grub installation automatically setup the dual-boot ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Want a HowTo for multibooting two or more Vista versions
    ... My OEM Vista installation disk allows me to install any of the 8 ... I think allocating 30 GB per Vista partition and any ... edition on separate virtual drives with a desktop shortcut to each ...
  • Re: Looking for motherboard
    ... My Vista came pre-installed with the pc. ... Ideally, I would like to partition the drive to have the Dell Installation utility, then equal, Vista, and UBUNTU. ... When you install a modern OS, the idea is, the boot manager on the second ...
    (alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt)
  • Re: Laptop installation
    ... Pavilion with Vista Home Premium, but I have read horror stories ... Then it should be no problem to install Ubuntu to ... When I last tried to make a partition in a Vista HD a couple of years ... machine explained that the installation was inaccessible afterwards ...
    (Ubuntu)