Re: Installing second copy of Vista hangs

You should be aware that the Win7 upgrade license allows you to upgrade(replace) one previous Vista or XP installation and therefore it is not legal to dual boot it with a version you are upgrading from. This is with the win7 upgrade you are normally allowed only to install it in the partition you that contains the release you are upgrading from. It it is also true that your Vista license is only for one installation of Vista and does legally support two copies of it to be installed on the same disk in different partitions,

"eldiener" <guest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:ffe9b406b9f2297bb351952e16240a01@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I have already been told that I can install my Windows 7 upgrade into a
separate partition rather than in the partition where I have Windows
Vista, so this post can be ignored.

--
eldiener

.