No "Check for updates" in Windows Update

Hi --

On a Vista Home Premium SP2 PC, Automatic Updates is switched off (right now
on purpose). However, when I manually open the Windows Update applet, the
"Check for updates" option at the top of the list is grayed out and
inaccessible. So the PC is not pulling updates automatically, and I can't
pull updates manually.

Why? How do I reenable it? Note that I DO NOT want to turn on Automatic
Updates at this time.

Thanks,
CL

  • Re: btree on disk
    ... doesn't solve my purpose. ... changes in databases that are set up so you can do updates in place. ... A database on disk file can be done on disk. ... i wanted to write one of my own, at my free time. ...
    (comp.unix.programmer)
  • Re: OT: Network admin/Sysadmin help needed
    ... > running Debian Linux or FreeBSD), mostly updates, security... ... the purpose. ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • Re: Sasser Complications
    ... not familiar with Sasser, nor consider myself a "windows ... I just do my updates on time and am behind a ... Anyhow...I believe the purpose of the messages boards is to ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Links need to be refreshed?
    ... but lately the linked tables are not automatically showing ... in order for me to see the updates to the ... every linked table before I run queries, which defeats the purpose of linking ...
    (microsoft.public.access.externaldata)
  • [opensuse] Yast/webpin
    ... Yast/webpin is working for the first time since I installed 11.2. ... On purpose I ... did not do any changes and I waited for updates. ...
    (SuSE)