Re: Registry repair deleted startup

Ricka1130 wrote:
I did a registry repair on my acer aspire 5335 laptop before I
could look at the files before deleting my laptop restarted
automatically I went to turn it on and the screen came up saying
launch startup repair or start windows normally after choosing both
options the screen comes up with a message saying windows failed to
start insert windows installation disc and only those two screens
back and fourth it doesnt go any where else I didnt have the cds so
I ordered them from acer inserted them pressed f10 like instructed
and same screens with same messages back and fourth with the same
two screens with or without cds can someone please help me

I tried to comprehend that - but there was no breaks, no indication of when
things changed/train of thoughts wandered. Punctuation actually *is*
useful, I suppose.

With *what* were you attempting to do a 'registry repair' and whom gave you
the advice that this would fix whatever issue you were having?

Sounds like you are trying to restore the system to how it was the day you
purchased it (with the restoration media you ordered from Acer) - they
should be able to assist you with this. Have you contacted Acer about how
to utilize the CDs to start over?

By the way - how current were your backups? How much will you be losing?
(Curiosity question.)

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP

  • Re: Mis-selling of TV sets
    ... would not buy 26" BECAUSE IT WAS JUST TOO BIG AND THE PICTURE WAS NOT ... SD wasn't developed with 12-17 inch screens in mind. ... It would make more sense if you were referring to the 405 line system ... What are you saying. ...
    (uk.tech.digital-tv)
  • Re: xvt vs xterm
    ... >> I can juggle windows as well as workspaces from the keyboard. ... > You are saying that I could just use multiple xvts? ... > have to use a mouse to yank and paste between screens with textmode apps, ... It's a very useful toy for keeping one or more programs ...
    (comp.unix.questions)
  • Re: Screen damage
    ... Adrian wrote: ... much like they were saying: ... There's _shitloads_ of people happy to drive around with broken 'screens. ...
    (uk.rec.cars.maintenance)
  • Re: OE problems
    ... > that "Outlook express is deleted and would I like to delete my personal ... The mail rules screens, when you get to the screen where you ... > actually add or delete a specifier, rolls and i cannot add or delete. ...
  • Re: 2 monitors, one 22" wide ?
    ... I like the monitor so I guess I'll have to find a good res compromise or live with it at 1680. ... Mine is a Acer AL2216W and I wonder if anyone knows if Acer makes a "plugin" swivel stand for this one that doesn't take a lot of space or have to be clamped to the desk edge? ... but with 22" screens, for me, the 1680x1050 is reasonable and easy to ... ratio, you want to use something with that ratio (1024x768 is a 1.3:1 ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)