Re: Setting the System Up for Permanent Screen Visibility

I can think of three other possible situation that causes this:

1) Have you left the "Put Computer to Sleep" option on?

2) Make sure your screen saver is not set to "blank screen" (or any screensaver for that matter)

3) Check for any third-party power management utility - often included in laptops from Dell, HP, Acer etc and make sure they are not set to turn the computer to sleep/hibernate etc

"Roger Stenson" <roger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:e#ceZ2bwKHA.5940@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi all
We use a Vista system to display the running results in our bridge club on a web page. The system has two screens,, one showing the control page for the bridge results system, the other showing the running results for the event as a web page.

In the power settings if have selected "Never" against turn off the display. In spite of that the both screens are blacked out for long periods in spite of the fact that the results software is polling a wireless server every minute and updating the control screen and simultaneously refreshing the results screen

I would be grateful if some one could help me by advising me what other set up features I have to examine to ensure that the two screens are never blacked out

Roger Stenson

  • Re: Ping: Team Sarah [OT]
    ... In other news of all things Palin the producer of The Undefeated has announced that it's doing so well that it's going to open in an additional 5 cities and in two more theaters in markets where it's already showing. ... With seven additional screens and it will be on 14 screens starting Friday. ... If I thought the fans were going to show up in their Tea Party costumes I'd go up there just to see that; but, from what I've been reading only the Harry Potter fans are showing up in costume. ...
    (rec.outdoors.rv-travel)
  • Re: Letter to the Editor: Darwin movie deserves exposure
    ... the theatre loses money. ... It seems to have been dropping off of screens rapidly as the ... showings daily, that would be 30,000 showings, at a gross of $175 per showing. ... Theatres make a lot of their money from snacks and advertisements, so the economics isn't as bad as it looks at first sight. ...
    (talk.origins)
  • Re: OT: making sense of tv technology
    ... The material it was showing wasn't the manufacturer's demo material, ... That can indeed look very impressive, as that is its function - though that which I've seen has slightly too-rapid scene-changes, so you can't look at the detail in any one part of the picture for long enough. ... The picture was far nicer than any of the HD screens or plasma screens we have seen in action anywhere. ... email jane at cloth and clay dot co dot uk ...
    (uk.media.radio.archers)
  • Setting the System Up for Permanent Screen Visibility
    ... We use a Vista system to display the running results in our bridge club on a web page. ... The system has two screens,, one showing the control page for the bridge results system, the other showing the running results for the event as a web page. ...
  • Re: Well, one channel did it right
    ... When the show providers and movie studios heavily subsidize the costs, they can dictate how the viewer watches the content. ... have the movie showing on them--which is how the director filmed it. ... True that when panning and scanning 4:3, instaneous parts of a single frame are cut off, but a competent panning and scanning still captures most of the center of interest. ... Maybe now that 16:9 screens are the majority, the directors should learn how to film in 16:9. ...
    (alt.tv.tech.hdtv)