Re: Setting the System Up for Permanent Screen Visibility

"Roger Stenson" <roger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Hi all
We use a Vista system to display the running results in our bridge
club on a web page. The system has two screens,, one showing the
control page for the bridge results system, the other showing the
running results for the event as a web page.

In the power settings if have selected "Never" against turn off the
display. In spite of that the both screens are blacked out for long
periods in spite of the fact that the results software is polling a
wireless server every minute and updating the control screen and
simultaneously refreshing the results screen

I would be grateful if some one could help me by advising me what
other set up features I have to examine to ensure that the two
screens are never blacked out

Could you have the "Blank Screen" screen saver set up perhaps?

--
Zaphod

Voted "Worst Dressed Sentient Being in the Known Universe" for seven
years in a row.

  • Re: wide screen text mode?
    ... Is there a reason it *must* be DOS text mode? ... attribute color control. ... With a script or a long novel, each character can be assigned a custom ... pasted 4 such screens together to get a screen that is 1212x800. ...
    (comp.os.msdos.programmer)
  • Re: Orientation Aware Forms?
    ... The OAC is simply a Control and a Form derives from Control, ... In fact you could take a Form and add the OAC to it and then derive all app ... were talking about VGA screens that are actually physically 4 times ... devices keep their VGA screens to roughly the same physical dimensions ...
  • Re: "WAIT" command?!
    ... I am working with Acucobol, and after one grid-event I have a lot of code ... defined events for the grid don't work anymore. ... ACCEPTing a screen is not the same as activating the events for a control ... Screens are treated like forms and the controls on them raise events. ...
    (comp.lang.cobol)
  • Re: New SW is awesome remote
    ... screen shot or two, a downloadable spec sheet or manual out there, or maybe ... > McSoft BluePoint is our remote control application that supports Pocket ... >> This lets me customize different control template screens as needed. ...
    (microsoft.public.pocketpc)
  • Re: Create Access forms/fields using a table giving vital informat
    ... must draw your own UI and screens, ... > One of those programs reads a control table/file/matrix. ... > control data edit/flow and file updates. ... >> files look up Create Table, CreateForm, CreateControl, as a starter. ...
    (microsoft.public.access.forms)