Re: Grouping Desktop Icons

Of course, you wouldn't expect M$ to provide such an obviously useful facility for free...

"PvdG42" <pvdg42@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> a écrit dans le message de news:uF3z5IZrKHA.5936@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

"Jen Boston" <guest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:47bb2157f124633d0815198f1ba27f26@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Before I had to re-install Windows Vista, I had a function that grouped
desktop icons into a vertical 'column' on the left of the screen, with
sections headed 'Communicate', 'Office', 'Connect' etc.; by clicking on
these top headings, I could access the set of 2 or 3 shortcuts falling
under each heading, which was a very handy way of grouping shortcut
icons and looked neat. With my newly installed Vista, I can't seem to
find this, and I can't find anything about it online - please help!

--
Jen Boston

A quick (your favorite) search engine search for "desktop icon manager for Vista" provide many hits, like this one.

http://www.softpedia.com/get/Desktop-Enhancements/Icons-Related/Amelix-Icon-Manager.shtml

Try your own search.

  • Re: Grouping Desktop Icons
    ... desktop icons into a vertical 'column' on the left of the screen, ... these top headings, I could access the set of 2 or 3 shortcuts falling ... With my newly installed Vista, ...
  • Grouping Desktop Icons
    ... Before I had to re-install Windows Vista, I had a function that grouped ... desktop icons into a vertical 'column' on the left of the screen, ... these top headings, I could access the set of 2 or 3 shortcuts falling ...