Re: Installled additional hard drive, now Vista says ...Evaluation

Thanks for the reply. I did the bcdedit and it returned a message that it
had completed the action or something. But I still have the Evaluation Copy
notice.

I am just guessing, but I think Windows "saw" that I had Vista installed on
two hard drives for a couple days and put the Evaluation Copy on one of them.

I am now running Vista on only one hard drive. I formatted the original
hard drive and am using it for extra storage.

Any other ideas?

Thanks,
Terry

"Leroy" wrote:

This can be caused if test-sign mode is started.

To disable test-signing, use the following BCDEdit command:

1. Type CMD in Vista's Search box and when the CMD icon appears,
right-click on it and select "Run as administrator".

2. Then type (or copy & paste): Bcdedit.exe -set TESTSIGNING OFF

Note: After you change the TESTSIGNING boot configuration option,
restart the computer for the change to take effect.

Terry wrote:
I recently added 2 gig memory, a new processor and a new hard drive (C) to my
Dell XPS 420.

I used my "(Dell) Reinstallation DVD" to install Vista to the new hard drive
which is now C:. The original Vista is still on the old hard drive (E:).

FWIW, during the new HD install I sometimes booted the PC from the new drive
and the old drive.

At some point, Vista put that "Evaluation copy" at the bottom right of the
screen. Also, again at some point, Vista asked me to validate, which I did
without any problems.

Anyway, my question is how to make the ...Evaluation copy... notice go away?

Many thanks,
Terry

    ... What is version number of the release that displays "Evaluation Copy" ... "Terry" wrote in message ... two hard drives for a couple days and put the Evaluation Copy on one of them. ... I am now running Vista on only one hard drive. ...
  • Re: Installled additional hard drive, now Vista says ...Evaluation
    ... AFAIK 6200 was the original RTM release so at least you are not running an evaluation copy. ... Is there any reason you have not installed Vista SP1 or SP2 on your system? ... > two hard drives for a couple days and put the Evaluation Copy on one of ...
  • Re: Installled additional hard drive, now Vista says ...Evaluation
    ... Today I re-activated Vista but no solution. ... But I still have the Evaluation ... two hard drives for a couple days and put the Evaluation Copy on one of ... I used my "Reinstallation DVD" to install Vista to the new hard ...
  • RE: Freecom external USB hard drive wont show up in Vista Explorer or
    ... External USB hard drive wont detect in Vista but works in WinXP FIX ... it is VISTA permissions and NTFS that are much stricter than XP ... I have two external USB hard drives from Freecom. ...
  • Re: *** STOP: 0x0000007B
    ... Sys Model: M2NSLI ... Currently I wish I had bought 64bit XP as the problems, limitations and 'auto' features in Vista are very irritating and hard to turn off. ... A few days ago I decided to increase the size of the partition containing Vista, since then it has refused to boot up at all, either to normal or safe mode. ... Check for viruses on your computer, remove any newly installed hard drives or ...