Re: Installled additional hard drive, now Vista says ...Evaluation cop

This can be caused if test-sign mode is started.

To disable test-signing, use the following BCDEdit command:

1. Type CMD in Vista's Search box and when the CMD icon appears, right-click on it and select "Run as administrator".

2. Then type (or copy & paste): Bcdedit.exe -set TESTSIGNING OFF

Note: After you change the TESTSIGNING boot configuration option, restart the computer for the change to take effect.

Terry wrote:
I recently added 2 gig memory, a new processor and a new hard drive (C) to my Dell XPS 420.

I used my "(Dell) Reinstallation DVD" to install Vista to the new hard drive which is now C:. The original Vista is still on the old hard drive (E:).

FWIW, during the new HD install I sometimes booted the PC from the new drive and the old drive.

At some point, Vista put that "Evaluation copy" at the bottom right of the screen. Also, again at some point, Vista asked me to validate, which I did without any problems.

Anyway, my question is how to make the ...Evaluation copy... notice go away?

Many thanks,
Terry

.