Re: Ms wondows update............ It wont update!!!

What does this have to do with the installation of Vista? Repost to a more appropriate group such as public.windowsupdate.

"donskoops" wrote in message news:e4GFRpapKHA.4836@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
rite ive been trying for weeks to update to windows sp2 and the dam thing wont work its keeps saying i have 21 important updates which includes SP2 at the end of the update its always say the same thing "windows updates enountered an unknown error" the 2 error codes are:Code 490 and code 80070490 both mean nothing too me, if someone out there could help with this as its driving me a little crazymany thanks in advance(my op system is vista home premium sp1) im guesing you might need this info.

  • Re: KB938371 Appears To Block Updates
    ... I talked with HP support. ... I noteiced that Best Buy had Vista along with SP1 on sale for $99. ... some reason it is not on the list of installed updates. ... Do NOT install Vista SP1 unless it's offered by Windows Update! ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Re: KB938371 Appears To Block Updates
    ... I'm afraid your best bet would be to continue with the free Vista SP1 ... some reason it is not on the list of installed updates. ... updates offered by Windows Update. ... Do NOT install Vista SP1 unless it's offered by Windows Update! ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Re: Shutdown Issue
    ... I have a lot of experience of the many, many bugs of Vista and the ... Mary Jo Foley is an excellent Microsoft "spotter". ... Their "updates" are supposed to meet the special wishes of the ... HUNDRED PERCENT of all machines showing Vista crashes were running ...
  • RE: After Updates Vista is stuck in reboot...
    ... see any need for any other OS...even Vista doesn't really add any "new" thing ... Microsoft is so amateurish. ... similar to the problems i had last night, although my reboots were to ... It seems this last batch of updates were a particular pain... ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • RE: After Updates Vista is stuck in reboot...
    ... When you think about it there is no real reason to upgrade anyway. ... see any need for any other OS...even Vista doesn't really add any "new" thing ... Microsoft is so amateurish. ... It seems this last batch of updates were a particular pain... ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)