Re: Vist activation key

"DL" <notvalid@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:#AbYLfCpKHA.5520@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
The link posted will not help as its an oem version, MS does not support oem versions.
You are basically screwed, you should have used a key finder before you reinstalled

"Jonathan Crawford" <jc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:%23kkw%230%23oKHA.5224@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi

I have a Vista machine I bought from Evesham a couple ago years ago.
They have since gone bust. My Jack Russell, when he was a puppy used to
sit on the top of the pc and one day chewed off the activation code.

I had to reinstall vista from the disk supplied by evesham last month
and it is now asking for the activation code. I was wondering if there
is anyway i can get hold of this.

Kind regards

jc

DL, I think you may be wrong on this one. MS will support some OEM systems if the OEM is no longer in business as the link that Rick gave states about 1/2 way down the page. The OP said that the company is not in business any longer.

  • reinstalling XP using OEM CD or help with corrupt files needed for bootup
    ... help with corrupt files stopping bootup happening. ... should pop in my OEM CD, which I did, it accepted it all ... reinstall XP or use a repair facility. ... missing file/s on it to copy them back into the Windows ...
  • Re: Windows OEM (re)install & licencing
    ... We have hit a snag in that we are unsure of how we will reinstall ... >OEM versions of windows. ... Providing a "System Recovery" CD with the computer. ...
  • Re: Re-Installation of Vista Home Premium (32 bit)
    ... "Colin Barnhorst" wrote: ... The only exception would be an OEM ... Can I do a format of the entire hard disk, reinstall Vista Home ... Will it consider my old license or do I need to purchase ...
  • Re: Windownd XP
    ... have someone you do business with tell you how to run your business? ... used to reinstall OEM versions of Windows. ... that otherwise the cd be usable like a real Windows cd. ... System Builder licensing and generic Microsoft OEM cds, ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: OEM Error
    ... I would like to say that this OEM error is very ridiculous. ... Do you get SBS 2003 from retailer or OEM? ... Microsoft CSS Online Newsgroup Support ... Do I have to format and reinstall the server again? ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)