Re: Error 0x8007045D

cdelaire;3938098 Wrote:
Hi,

I am trying to install Vista Home Premium 32bit on my new computer at
home. The specs are as follows:

mobo: asus p5q pro
cpu: Intel core2 duo e8500
RAM: 2x1GB Patriot 800MHz
HDD: 80GB Western Digital SATA (partitioned half/half with Ubuntu)
GFX: 7900GTX 512MB

I am installing the OS with a genuine Microsoft DVD. I have already
installed Vista from this DVD on another computer without any problem.

When i run the install after inputing the serial, i have the following
error:

-Windows cannot open the required D:\Sources\Install.wim. Make
sure all files required for installation are available, and restart
the
installation. Error code: 0x08007045D

-Did anybody come across this problem before?? I have Ubuntu
installed on half of the HDD but had the same problem before
installing
Ubuntu...

Thanks,
Christophe

--
cdelaire

Hi This could be due to your cd burning speed. Try using another CD
drive or probably an external CD drive.

This solved my problem.

All the best.

Thanks,