Can I use Vista Home Premium OEM Licence with full copy?

I have a laptop with Windows Vista Home Premium pre installed and a
Recovery CD-ROM. I may be missing something but, as far as I can tell,
the Restore CD never gives me the option to repair my install of Vista
and only gives me the option to do a full install.

If a quick repair would fix only one or two files that are corrupt, a
full reinstall is frustratingly and time consumingly unnecessary.

My questions are:
1 Can I use a CD-ROM with a full version of Vista Home Premium on it
to do a Windows Repair on my OEM laptop?

2 If it asks me for a licence number, would it accept my laptop OEM
licence and would this be lawful?

3 If the above answers are NO, how do I do a repair without doing a
full recovery/install?

Thanks

--
matrixmainframe

  • Re: Cannot login locally to my XP Pro Laptop
    ... One way would be to pull the laptop hard ... Laptop hard drives are usually not hard ... I will do a repair install. ...
  • Re: OT - Opened Apps Freeze
    ... Repair Console): ... The machine is a Dell 6400 laptop, running XPHome, SP3. ... 'custom' or you will find that it will install the google chrome ... and the menu opens and expands. ...
    (alt.sys.pc-clone.dell)
  • Re: There must be a way to disable "Startup Repair"
    ... restarts it automatically goes into "Startup Repair" which tells you that it ... cannot repair the problem then shuts the laptop down. ... Vista attempting to install this update all would be fine and I could ...
  • Re: cannot start computer, missing file!!
    ... > A 'Repair' install will leave your data files, ... > 'Repair' install. ... Since the OP apparently can't get into Windows, ... Lenny - There are ways of getting data off your laptop. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Will MF NETX 3.1 run under Vista?
    ... My last Windows XP laptop is dying. ... will have Vista Home Premium. ... Will my MicroFocus Net Express 3.1 work ... Now the same thing happens if I install it on ...
    (comp.lang.cobol)