Re: Home Premium to Ultimate

Or try slipstreaming the ultimate DVD to SP2 if it can be done. Hope you make regular backups of the drive. If not you should start before upgrading.

"ms2009" <guest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:0a4006bfc5cd4fb1d293029fc5a6daad@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I purchased an upgrade disc directly from Microsoft. I have Vista Home
Premium 32bit. I just started law school and must have Ultimate. When
I install the DVD, the "upgrade" option is grayed out. The message
says, the version on the laptop is newer than the DVD installation.

I have SP2 (which I just installed a few days ago, thinking that might
solve the problem). It didn't.

How can I install the upgrade? Help!

--
ms2009

  • Re: Installled additional hard drive, now Vista says ...Evaluation
    ... I think you should be OK with Vista on two drives at the same time. ... don't install SP2 from a DVD created by the Vista on the original hard drive. ... My own situation concerns an OEM Home Premium with a reinstallation DVD. ...
  • Re: Installled additional hard drive, now Vista says ...Evaluation
    ... I think you should be OK with Vista on two drives at the same time. ... don't install SP2 from a DVD created by the Vista on the original hard drive. ... My own situation concerns an OEM Home Premium with a reinstallation DVD. ...
  • Please help me to solve 2 Q?
    ... I have Win Xp (SP2), when I insert DVD, movies starts without any ... I try to watch with Power DVD but then I don't have audio signal from the ... You didn't install the printer, to install the printer go to Control panel - ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Installation of programs from a DVD...?
    ... >I made an SP2 slipstreamed "unattended install" CD yesterday of my Windows ... I just did that recently I made a bootable DVD that has Windows XP Pro with SP2, ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Evo and Exchange
    ... FC3 and an upgrade from FC2 to FC3. ... I started EVO again, ... >> said was unsigned so wouldn't install it however this morning did yum update ... > DVDs are not CDs and you need different programs two write DVDs though DVD ...
    (Fedora)