Re: Home Premium to Ultimate

"ms2009" <guest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:0a4006bfc5cd4fb1d293029fc5a6daad@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I purchased an upgrade disc directly from Microsoft. I have Vista Home
Premium 32bit. I just started law school and must have Ultimate. When
I install the DVD, the "upgrade" option is grayed out. The message
says, the version on the laptop is newer than the DVD installation.

I have SP2 (which I just installed a few days ago, thinking that might
solve the problem). It didn't.

How can I install the upgrade? Help!

--
ms2009

Uninstall SP2 and try again. The dvd cannot be at a lower service pack level than the installed OS and it sounds like it is.

  • Re: Fedora 7 CD iso files?
    ... You already have a mail server and a desktop machine. ... the dvd image to the other, host a nfs server on that, and upgrade it. ... how nfs works or how to configure it or how to do an install with it. ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: SL upgrade disk question
    ... I can't say if an ordinary upgrade disc is the same or not. ... people with the retail version which I regard as sufficient to prove ... they were able to install 10.6 using the retail DVD. ...
    (uk.comp.sys.mac)
  • Re: Tiger user wants to know how to upgrade?
    ... standard US$30 install DVD should work without problems. ... Depends what you mean by the "upgrade" DVD. ... Leopard ones have the Snow Leopard picture on them). ...
    (comp.sys.mac.system)
  • Re: installing XP, now in a loop!!!
    ... Whoever sold you the Upgrade, ... The computer didn't have a dvd drive, ... on the dvd drive - everything went well until the install couldn't find ... try to copy the dvd directory to a hard drive partition, ...
  • Re: Clean Upgrade to Win7 Successful
    ... I bought the $50 Win7 Upgrade back in May, ... I didn't want to do an upgrade, but rather a clean install on a ... Seagate outlet, with 5 year warranty. ... DVD, and see what happened. ...
    (alt.sys.pc-clone.dell)