Home Premium to Ultimate

I purchased an upgrade disc directly from Microsoft. I have Vista Home
Premium 32bit. I just started law school and must have Ultimate. When
I install the DVD, the "upgrade" option is grayed out. The message
says, the version on the laptop is newer than the DVD installation.

I have SP2 (which I just installed a few days ago, thinking that might
solve the problem). It didn't.

How can I install the upgrade? Help!

--
ms2009

  • Re: Web vs. Desktop based systems
    ... provider with better privacy policy (perhaps Yahoo) also provides ... to other folder or reporting spam or changing the filter recipes. ... But how do you *really* know the important upgrade that keeps ... The alert-window doesn't exactly say *why* you need to install this ...
    (comp.programming)
  • Re: Requesting some leniency on your piracy protection program ple
    ... If Windows is retail, not at all. ... You can reinstall, upgrade, move to a different computer all you want as long as it is only installed on one computer at a time. ... The things I do not get, is not being able to> install the same ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: 10.6.7 Just works
    ... If you have the install disc just pop it in and do a reinstall. ... The recent upgrade to 10.6.7 brings a lot of problems with third part ... I have tried switching System Language, and even restarting the mac. ... Did anyone else run into a slow restart after the 10.6.7 update ...
    (comp.sys.mac.advocacy)
  • Increasing Debians Adoptability [Was: Skipping releases on dist-upgrades]
    ... deal) decision that I will back up and then install new. ... distro upgrade. ... volunteer Debian mirrors and such.. ... Teach everyone you can grab how to partition, how to use micromedia, ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Home Premium to Ultimate - Upgrade is Disabled
    ... ultimate with service pack 1 over my home premium). ... HOW CAN MICROSOFT CHARGE MONEY FOR AN UPGRADE WHICH IS NOT ABLE EVEN TO ... only be installed as a "clean install". ...