Re: Installation Unsuccessful

I suggest that you post all of the specs for your desktop computer here maybe someone here can help determine what the problem component is?

"MatthewThornett" <MatthewThornett@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:1DB7B730-5C28-48D6-A4CF-0B66073711F5@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
But I want vista on my desktop computer, that was really the reason why I
bought it. I'll have to look into the hardware capabilities on the desktop
computer.

"Bill Daggett" wrote:

MatthewThornett <MatthewThornett@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>Oh ok, so if I reinstall Windows XP bak onto my laptop, can I then >install
>vista HP onto my desktop computer?

No. The problem was NOT one with activation, although IF you had
succeeded in installing it, you WOULD have had that problem.

Your hardware is incompatible. Stay with things as they now are on
both computers.

.