Re: Installation Unsuccessful

I suggest that you post all of the specs for your desktop computer here maybe someone here can help determine what the problem component is?

"MatthewThornett" <MatthewThornett@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:1DB7B730-5C28-48D6-A4CF-0B66073711F5@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
But I want vista on my desktop computer, that was really the reason why I
bought it. I'll have to look into the hardware capabilities on the desktop
computer.

"Bill Daggett" wrote:

MatthewThornett <MatthewThornett@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>Oh ok, so if I reinstall Windows XP bak onto my laptop, can I then >install
>vista HP onto my desktop computer?

No. The problem was NOT one with activation, although IF you had
succeeded in installing it, you WOULD have had that problem.

Your hardware is incompatible. Stay with things as they now are on
both computers.

>"DL" wrote:
>
>> You origonally stated " I have installed the vista home premium on my >> laptop
>> first "
>> does this mean you are trying to install using the same dvd & key?
>>
>> If that is the case; 1 dvd + 1 key = 1 PC
>>
>> "MatthewThornett" <MatthewThornett@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in
>> message news:9D3CD5F3-5041-4996-B9F2-24A3C1665D66@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>> > Windows Vista Home Premium. I am in the vista category lol.

  • Vector-Linux -- PCMCIA Networking for dummies
    ... > I just installed a Vector Linux 4.3 distro on a rather old laptop ... > same address as the one given to the desktop computer? ... during install. ... The XP box should be set to internet sharing or something like that, ...
    (comp.os.linux.portable)
  • Can I use Vista Home Premium OEM Licence with full copy?
    ... the Restore CD never gives me the option to repair my install of Vista ... Can I use a CD-ROM with a full version of Vista Home Premium on it ... to do a Windows Repair on my OEM laptop? ...
  • Re: Vector Linux - PCMCIA Networking for Dummies
    ... > I just installed a Vector Linux 4.3 distro on a rather old laptop ... I want my old laptop to be able to have Internet access ... > same address as the one given to the desktop computer? ... during install. ...
    (comp.os.linux.portable)
  • XP access Vista but Vista cant access XP
    ... I bought a laptop with Vista Home Premium and I've set everything up to ... My desktop computer runs XP and is connected to the internet ... The internet access works though. ...
  • Re: Number of users per license
    ... With Office Professional you can install one copy on a desktop computer and another on a laptop - but Office can't be used on both at the same time. ... retail licenses of Microsoft Office can only be re-assigned to another device once every 90 days. ...
    (microsoft.public.office.misc)