Re: 32bit vs 64bit

Completely depends on what you use your machine for:

Typical word processing, e-mail and a few games: stay with x86.
Video editing, rendering, large database manipulations or strong number
crunching: move to x64
Like to fiddle around: move to x64
If you only use 32-bit applications, stick with x86. (There is a slight
overhead in processing 32-bit on a 64-bit system.)

x64 is stable, actually maybe a little more stable since all drivers have to
be signed,
allows you to use more than 4GB of memory (which means less paging, if
that's happening now.)
but there are still a few devices (not many) that are not supported.

I went x64 when Vista came out and have never looked back.

"Badger" <jerrymcm@xxxxxxx> wrote in message
What's the advantage of using 64bit on my machine instead of 32bit?

Curious

  • Re: 32bit vs 64bit
    ... Thanks, Mark, ... Typical word processing, e-mail and a few games: stay with x86. ... Like to fiddle around: move to x64 ...
  • Re: Compact SQL - Any CPU Build
    ... but compile our application to x86 and x64 version respectively. ... We welcome your comments and suggestions about how we can improve the support we provide to you. ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.general)
  • Re: Compact SQL - Any CPU Build
    ... our application can be installed on both of the x86 and x64 platform. ... But if we want to compile it as x64 version, the built application can only be installed on x64 platform, other than x86. ... already installed according to my attempt to install it). ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.general)
  • Re: Compact SQL - Any CPU Build
    ... leave it so it can install on either x86 or x64. ... compiled two times one for x86 and one for x64... ... But if we want to compile it as x64 version, ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.general)
  • Re: dual boot 32 and 64
    ... The EULA states that media for both x86 and x64 may be included but that only one may be used with the product key, ... all x86 retail dvds are exactly alike as are all x64 retail dvds. ...