Re: Vista Easy File Transfer and Windows 7 Upgrade

Thanks all.....

"It looks as though you need 7 installed first - then transfer* from
*the Vista installation"

Question - To install Win 7 first: do I do a Win 7 upgrade install, run
Win 7 EFT to my external drive, then clean install Win 7, access my
external HD and restore?
Or just do a Vista EFT on both accounts, then clean install???

Can't see it any other way. If I install Win 7 on another partition, I
can't see it transferring files from my Vista partition.....

Tom's suggestion may be more complete, a little more difficult, alot
like what I did when I did a motherboard upgrade, except is was XP to
XP. I worked, but I had the help of a computer analysis.

--
BillS22

  • Re: upgrading xp to vista premium question
    ... I wasn't sure I could do a clean install of Vista originally and ... were partitioned into 3 different volumes and during the install of Vista I ... O.S. since some might be needed to upgrade to a new O.S. For instance, ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.mediacenter)
  • Re: Does Vista 64 bit boot slower ?
    ... It is slower going from login to desktop. ... It was a clean install. ... >> Otherwise you may like to check the hardware compatibility for Vista ... On a clean install, the regular start ups and processes should not ...
  • Re: upgrading xp to vista premium question
    ... When Vista ... Upgrade was installing, I assume it also saw a single disk with a single ... I wasn't sure I could do a clean install of Vista originally and ... were partitioned into 3 different volumes and during the install of Vista ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.mediacenter)
  • Re: clubbing of windows vista and windows server2008 in a single boota
    ... I am not sure if you can go clubbing with Vista or Windows 2008 ... rather than being an 'installer', ... John Pritchard how it all works and got some surprising answers. ... Imaging (.WIM) file, which is basically our operating system folders ...
  • clubbing of windows vista and windows server2008 in a single boota
    ... i want to club the windows vista and windows server 2008 in a single bootable ... Vista DVD? ... can you build a custom Vista install DVD that doesn’t ... John Pritchard how it all works and got some surprising answers. ...